Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Atlas vs Tomar Signal Kits

    Could anyone compare the Atlas #236 type G signal kit vs the Tomar H836 type G signal with the logic rail SA-1 signal animator? I know the logic rail uses a photo cell detector & has complete hookup instructions online. Can't find any instructions for the Atlas signal. Just wondering if one is...
  2. T

    Newbie Question: hooking up target signal

    Just setting up my first model layout. I'd like to purchase a target signal, Atlas #150-235 which can be operated electrically. The description says the jumper wire has an RJ 11 jack. What piece of equipment do I need to hook the signal to that accepts an RJ11 jack? This would be for a stand...
  3. T

    Atlas Custom line Turnouts Question

    Just getting started on my first model railroad layout. I'm trying to find out what the difference is in Atlas' code 83 turnouts #6, cat# 505 & 506 and their custom line turnouts #6, cat #s 563, 564. I have DCC so want to make sure either will work OK. Thanks.
  4. T

    Need Ideas for HO Layout for 5 x 10ft Table

    About to embark on building my first HO layout on a 5x10 table featuring mainline operation. Looking for interesting ideas. Would consider a 4x8 layout that I could expand by 25% to fit my table.
  5. T

    Power Transformer Recommendation for Atlas turnouts

    I just got an NCE power cab system but there are no AC terminals so I need a power transformer to operate Atlas remote turnouts. I found a Miniatronics WT16 with 16vac, 800ma but it says it's for lighting accessories only so I don't know if this will work the turnouts. Can anyone recommend one?
  6. T

    HO Coupler Compatibility

    I'm just getting back into model railroading after an absence of many years. Are Kadee couplers compatible with other brands of couplers? I will be purchasing rolling stock from a number of different mfrs. like Accurail, Athearn, Bachmann & want to make sure there won't be any issues with...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top