ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
I use HOI and welcome another group as well. I will say I appreciate the rules at HOI, it keeps the forum running well and doesnt seem to degrade into a mess because of that. I have had my fair share of posts rejected for something that was forgotten in the message, but its pretty easy to...
-
M
Its pretty crazy how long it took. I started the process in late November 2012 by sending pictures of damaged parts, from there the responses from their customer service took 3-4 weeks typically until I got enough information to be able to order the parts. Bascially its been a 6 month process...
-
M
This is an old tread, but I wanted to let you guys know - after ordering my parts in mid-January, they showed up at the house this past week. I guess eventually they will get your parts shipped. My only gripe besides the timing, is that they didnt provide an invoice to show the cost for...
-
M
I have molded most of my coal loads. I used the kits from Hobby Lobby to make the molds, I think its a Alumlite brand. They have a quick-set mold or high strength mold. Both work fine, the high strength is more flexible, but costs more. Then I mix the two bottles (small amounts, only make...
-
M
Really nice! What is the size/dimensions?
-
M
Hello all,
I am in the planning stages of my layout building. The layout will be a folded dogbone style, in a 10.5' x 19' room with 30" minimum radius curves. I think I am getting close to settling on a track plan, which is pretty hard as I keep changing my mind.
One thing that keeps...
-
M
I bought an engine from him around 3 weeks ago. I did recieve it, if that helps at all. I remember that it didnt arrive for about a week & half after payment.
-
M
Interesting, I honestly was starting to think that the big boy project was dying since it has been 3-4 months since the talk started and no news since.
I am also suprised that 5511 wasn't sent to the muesem. I cannot believe that UP is planning to ever run that loco again since its a slow...
-
M
I do not think that the Accurail kits are molded in color, the ones I have built are all painted. I have seen that "glowing" look you mention on bachmann and model power cars.
-
M
Here are my $0.02.
Accurail - very good simple kits. These are my favorite, good detail, nice paint and lettering, lower price and easy to assemble.
CB&T - I did one, did not like it - nothing seemed to fit together. Higher level of detail - I would not recommend.
Bowser - These are...
-
M
Hello Chris,
Around a month ago you posted an update on the forum, I replied asking status on your speakers. I didnt hear/see any response. I am not interested in bashing or anything, just want to know when and if these are actually going to be produced. I have two GP7's which have sound...
-
M
I dont know anything about the switcher, but I have seen the Southern Pacific engine before - its not really an engine for putting on a layout, I believe they are more of an ordament/toy. I dont believe you can find a matching powered loco.
-
M
the connection sounds strange. The one thing I dont like about my older version GS4 is that the engine to tender distance is pretty large. Sounds like there are two coupling distances on this new version?
-
M
Midge is the same person I have been working with at MTH. I have called Intermountain and Branchline Trains (before Atlas bought them) and had really good, fast service from both for parts. Maybe MTH needs to hire a few more people.
-
M
I just stumbled into this thread for the first time. I have an MTH GS-4 which I got 2nd hand. It was a mess with lots of broken detail parts, but runs great. I contacted MTH in Nov 2012 to get parts, it took them almost a month to respond to me via email letting me know that they had what I...
-
M
I have that exact model/engine/road at home. If you are going to put in DCC - I recommend replacing the entire light board. Otherwise if you use the 8-pin socket it will work just fine, but run slow. I used the 8-pin socket for a few days, frustrated becuase it would not MU with my Athearn...
-
M
Hi Chris,
I ordered 2 speakers from Railflyer last Summer (June/July 2012). Any idead on when these will be shipping?
Thank you
Matt Rasmuson
Swaledale, IA 50477
-
M
They should re-run some of their F-units. Its pretty impossible to find some of them, even on ebay. I was looking for a pair of M&STL F7's for a long time. I was lucky to find a pair recently through a private sale, but on ebay the non-sound pairs (when they do show up) go for $350 plus.
-
M
I think that the MTH GS-4 he has for sale has been out there for at least a couple years. I know when I would search for one it would always come up. Asking $1,000 for a model which sold for around $400 new doesnt seem fair. He also has a 8 car SP passenger set for $1000, another thing that...
-
M
Here is my list, all have DCC, HO Scale
C&O:
Rivarossi 2-6-6-6
P2K 2-8-4
BLI 2-10-4
C&NW:
BLI 2-8-2 Heavy mike
IRC F7 A-B-A yellow/green/black
IRC F3 yellow/green
P2k GP7 - 2 of them with kato drives installed (recommend this swap)
P2k SD7
Atlas RS-3
Milwaukee Road - 2 IRC F7's (maroon...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)