Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P&LE

    Coal mine trams

    Gentlemen, Not sure if this is the proper part of the forum to pose this question, if not, please let me know where I should place this post. I'm researching and planning to model the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie RR, in western PA (possibly on a fictional/freelanced branchline), in 1952...
  2. P&LE

    New Pittsburgh & Lake Erie fan

    Railfan, Thanks for the welcome. The P&LE ran in to Ohio, but never made it to the lake. It's western terminus was Youngstown, where it had a hump yard from the late '50s on. Parts of the line is now owned/operated by CSX, but the yard in Youngstown (called Gateway yard) is abandoned. PLE
  3. P&LE

    New Pittsburgh & Lake Erie fan

    Hello all, Just registered today after lurking and reading for quite a while. After a lifetime spent following and modeling the MoPac and UP, a recent trip to Pittsburgh introduced me to the P&LE. I think I finally found the perfect railroad to model!! It has everything I've been looking for...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top