Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Best brand track and a couple other questions

    Hey All, I used to build (horribly I might add) a table when I was younger for my trains. Im getting back into it and going to build on a 4x6 layout with HO scale. I know its a small layout but I dont have alot of room, and I can find HO stuff alot easier around here locally than N. I have a...
  2. N

    Wiring Lights?

    Actually I dont have one of those lol, I am going to try to pick up a cheap one on ebay I guess.
  3. N

    Wiring Lights?

    I am working on a small project as practice for my big build. I am practicing on building a miniature city with lights etc. I am new to all of this, so my question is, what can I use to hook these up with on this project? (I do not have any track or anything on this). What would you...
  4. N

    New to Scenery - How to lay the grass??

    Okie all, I got the shaker. I used what was recommended by the guy that worked there, the Woodland Scenic Scenic Cement. He said to spray down where I am going to lay the grass, and then use the shaker and put the grass down. Let that dry, and then when im done add another layer of the WS...
  5. N

    Want to start weathering models

    ahhh okie thanks. Is there a way to stop it from being messy when I pick up the part I colored then? thanks!
  6. N

    Want to start weathering models

    should you use the dull coat after you put on the rust as well?
  7. N

    Want to start weathering models

    Thanks, this is my first time trying it, so I found a 5$ rolling stock to play with =) I just want to make sure I get the right things. I got "Soft Pastels" and they feel like chaulk. Then I took some scissors and scraped it into a big pile of black dust, and then used my brush in that...
  8. N

    Want to start weathering models

    What colors are they? I picked up some today, there are 12 colors, and they go from black to white (greys in the middle) Also, that looks like water or something you are using on your brush? Did you use this on the "soot" too?
  9. N

    Want to start weathering models

    What is used here for the dirt and rust?
  10. N

    Want to start weathering models

    Okie great. I do remember seeing the first link one, the brand anyways, soI know they have them =) Thanks Alot
  11. N

    Want to start weathering models

    And is it just normal chaulk, or is it like a "pastel chaulk" ??
  12. N

    Want to start weathering models

    Ahhhh okie then. Looks like ill be headed back there for the 3rd day in a row lol, hopefully they have some, I really dont remember...I wrote down some things from what Grande posted above, and I guess I forgot to write down chaulk and just purchased regular oil pastels =( Is there certain...
  13. N

    Want to start weathering models

    Actually, thats where I got the pastels in my post above lol. When you mean chaulk, is it the same chaulk like you write on a schoolboard with? Do you just crush them up?
  14. N

    How do you Cut Foam?

    Great, might have to get one of those then.. Sushob, here ya go! http://cgi.ebay.com/FIBER-OPTIC-HOT-KNIFE-BRAND-NEW-SALE-PRICED_W0QQitemZ190092946434QQcategoryZ26197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  15. N

    Want to start weathering models

    Hey Grande Man...Do you happen to have a pic of the box (or even know what brand) those pastels you have are? (the cubed boxes and the sticks?) I could not find any at my local hobby store, but I did find some oil pastels (thicker than a crayon, thats it). We do have a Hobby Lobby, but its...
  16. N

    How do you Cut Foam?

    What about a smaller one like this image below? (Im only working on a small project right now that needs it, 11.5"x29.5") and I just need it to make a few small dips really. Would this one work? or something like this...
  17. N

    How do you Cut Foam?

    I have the pink Foam, made by DOW or Corning, or one of those I got from home depot. I have it layed down (2 layers) onto my set. My question is, how do you cut this stuff? What do you use to carve out hills and valleys etc etc?? I tried on a test piece to cut it with a razor, adn well that...
  18. N

    New to Scenery - How to lay the grass??

    Can you use the Scenic Cement more than once? Say I put down some of the green grass that I wanted...after that dries, can you add more scenic cement on top of that green grass to do a different color??
  19. N

    Have Table - Glue to Foam??

    Ok, I have my base layout done (since I live in an apartment, It is a VERY small layout). I have the wood/base part done, and I also went out and purchased some of that pink foam stuff (from Dow and Corney or whatever lol). With this small layout,im going to make some hills, etc. My...
  20. N

    New to Scenery - How to lay the grass??

    I am really new to this, this will be my first build really. As far as the grass goes (like shown on the images in this thread http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45543&posted=1#post45543 ) what all is needed? A local hobby shop here has the Woodland Scenics (Shown on...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top