Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Rerailers back to back to back - any problems?

    I have tried to use flextrack around a curve but I seem to have alot of issues with getting them the way I want them, as well as trimming off the ends to connect them to the next piece. I just cant measure them correctly and they are usually way off
  2. N

    Rerailers back to back to back - any problems?

    Well I have going to have 3 connecting to each other directly in a row, Like this:
  3. N

    Rerailers back to back to back - any problems?

    Im thinking of putting 3 rerailers back to back inside of a tunnel to help so that there are no derails. Is there any drawback to doing something like this? Thanks
  4. N

    Wiring undertable switches....how to question

    Any idea i fthere is any newer than 1999?
  5. N

    Measuring flex track on curves (to size)

    What im meaning is ok if you lay a piece straight, all ends are lined up together, when I start to curve it say to the left, the left rail is obviously going to be sticking out alot further than the right rail. Im connecting a curve onto a straight point just unsure how to measure to get that...
  6. N

    Measuring flex track on curves (to size)

    How on earth do you measure correctly flex track going around a curve so that you can cut it to the right side? I am trying to make a curve and for the life of me I cant get it correctly to line up at the ends to connect to the next piece of track lol.
  7. N

    Wiring undertable switches....how to question

    Heya, actually I found this one, its from 1999, newest ive seen so far? Thanks http://www.amazon.com/Model-Railroad-Wiring-Second-Railroader/dp/0890243492/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271393328&sr=8-3
  8. N

    Wiring undertable switches....how to question

    Thanks for reply, which is the newest edition? Im looking on ebay and seeing anything from 1953 to 1980 lol, anything newer?
  9. N

    Wiring undertable switches....how to question

    Heya, I am new to the hobby. What is the best way to wire an undertable switch? Where does it get its power? I have seen terminal connectors, do they get their power from these? I have the EZ Command Bachmann DCC controller if that matters. Also could these switches be controlled by the...
  10. N

    Double wooden trestles? Do they make them?

    Thanks, sent him an email =)
  11. N

    Double wooden trestles? Do they make them?

    Im not really skilled enough with wood to build my own, so do you know if they sell double wooden trestles? I couldnt find anything on ebay about them. Something similar to:
  12. N

    Would 2-10-2 or 4-8-2 have problems with turnouts?

    Ok ok ok, as I stated in another thread, I bit the bullet and bought new turnouts and replaced the ones I just bought lol. Got the Atlas custom-line #6. Seem to do alot better and look salot more natural as well
  13. N

    Cars derail on turnouts....

    Ok I broke down and bit the bullet on those turnouts I just bought and already replaced them. Got the atlas custom-line #6, look alot better and the train looks more natural
  14. N

    Wood or Foam for track buildup...

    I have all the track I need and the layout/design I have is set. Next question is, Im going to have a double truss in my layout. It is a 4x8 layout (due to space restraints). Should I build the track up by using foam or with wood? I need to raise it approx 5 inches in the air, and have a...
  15. N

    Are Peco ties brown?

    Are the ties on Peco turnouts brown or black?
  16. N

    Would 2-10-2 or 4-8-2 have problems with turnouts?

    My right turnouts are atlas #543 (Is this considered #5?) Unsure what my left are, but are equivilant to the right hand turnout
  17. N

    Would 2-10-2 or 4-8-2 have problems with turnouts?

    Standard meaning just ones you can pick up at any local hobby shop. These are not numbered on the package, but I have seen them at all 3 local shops here. Just basic ones
  18. N

    Would 2-10-2 or 4-8-2 have problems with turnouts?

    I have standard atlas turnouts, would a 4-8-2 or 2-10-2 have problems using regular turnouts etc?
  19. N

    Cars derail on turnouts....

    True, but dont really want to put any money into it, the cars that were in the set are more modern era which is not what my layout is going to be
  20. N

    0-4-0 / 2-8-2 / 4-6-2 / What all does that mean??

    What do those numbers mean on locos? Thanks




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top