Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. 2

    Train Bunkers

    That's wild!
  2. 2

    Holy railfan!!

    I liked his expression. :O
  3. 2

    Southern Bay Window Caboose

    Thanks for the replies guys. On a humorous note, I googled "Southern Caboose Bay Window" to search for prototype pics to build my own, and this thread was linked in the top 5. :)
  4. 2

    New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

    I'm from a small town called Somerset, in southern Kentucky, but I currently live in Berea, in central Kentucky, to facilitate attending EKU. Beech Bend, where NMCA and NMRA finals are (were?) held is a couple hours drive, and I usually hit it a couple times a year, there is a couple closer...
  5. 2

    Southern Bay Window Caboose

    I'm having a little trouble locating a HO scale Southern Railway Bay Window caboose. I just missed a nice Athearn on ebay, and there is also a kit on there now. Anyone familiar with the quality of the Athearn kits? Anyone know of a good online shop that deals in quality, reasonably...
  6. 2

    New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

    1999 Mustang GT, and 1/4 mile gambler's usually, local track. I've ran at Beech Bend some, but it's really not a sticky track. A few Auto-X's as well locally. No teams or anything like that, simple drag racing and the occasional autocross.
  7. 2

    Bachmann HO GE 70 Ton

    I meant it isn't DCC or anything like that. VA I meant what volts and amps are spec'ed to run on a HO layout.
  8. 2

    New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

    Other hobbies? Well my top two are target shooting (which I just finished a semester long quality project on) and auto racing (which I compete in, on an amateur level). A close third would be fishing, specifically for largemouth bass, and fly fishing for panfish, bar none the single best way to...
  9. 2

    Bachmann HO GE 70 Ton

    It's running on a pure DC powerpack that came with an old Bachmann (circa 2003/4) train set with a Grey UP 0-6-0 Switcher, two cars and a caboose. It's not the best pack in the world, to say the least, but currently, all that I have. Oscilloscope for the win! I personally never thought about...
  10. 2

    New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

    Thanks for the welcome guys! This is but one of my hobbies, hopefully I can get my better half interested in it.
  11. 2

    Bachmann HO GE 70 Ton

    Well, I pulled everything apart, no noise from the gearsets in the trucks when I free turn them. As soon as I plug the "flywheels" back into the electric motor, and put power to it, I get the noise. I'm thinking it is in the actual motor itself. I also bought it from a hobby shop, but it was one...
  12. 2

    Bachmann HO GE 70 Ton

    How would I do that? Disassemble the locomotive? I bought this new, but on discount, is it common enough that something like this would happen in transit?
  13. 2

    Bachmann HO GE 70 Ton

    I recently acquired said locomotive, in generic red, and thought that I would give it a test run. It runs well enough, however it seems very loud. I'm not sure if this was intentional to replicate the engine sounds of the prototype engine, or if it is just a problem with my individual...
  14. 2

    New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

    I'm a newcomer to the model railroading hobby. I've recently started collecting steam era locomotives that interest me, such as the Pennsylvania K4, the Norfolk and Western J4-8-4 and the 2-8-0 Consolidation in Southern Green, interestingly enough, I also have a GE 70 Ton diesel that perplexes...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top