Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. E

    Basic DCC problem

    In preparation for my future layout, I've purchased an NCE PowerCab system, a Kato F3 and the Digitrax decoder designed for that engine. N Scale. I installed the decoder in the engine per the very simple instructions. Put it on a track connected to the program track output, and followed...
  2. E

    DCC in Bachmann 4-8-4 (N Scale)

    Thanks, I'll probably just send it back. There's no way to get into the tender without cutting a big hole. This was about $70. I know that the Spectrum stuff is better, but after waiting a month for a backordered 2-8-0, I decided to try something else. I'm just really having a hard time...
  3. E

    DCC in Bachmann 4-8-4 (N Scale)

    I just bought a brand new Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern, and am disappointed to find that there is NO space for a decoder inside. The weight fills the entire engine. Has anyone tackled this? Could part of the weight be removed, perhaps? Or should I just send it back and get something else? I'm...
  4. E

    Getting your wife involved

    I'm in the planning stages of an N-scale layout, and had started cleaning out a finished room in the basement. My girlfriend came up from the basement the other day and said "I just looked at the train room, and it doesn't seem like it's nearly big enough!" She's also keen to build some...
  5. E

    MT couplers on old Life-Like rolling stock?

    Thanks for the advice. In the photos on the MTL site, it looks as though the coupler sticks up quite a bit from the truck. The rapidos on my cars aren't like that. Are there ever clearance issues? I'll order a couple of sets and give it a try. Eric
  6. E

    MT couplers on old Life-Like rolling stock?

    Bump. Can anyone offer advice on this? I need low-profile wheels, as I'm using code 55 track. Should just keep my trucks and replace the wheelsets and go with body-mounted MTL couplers? Any info would help. Thanks
  7. E

    MT couplers on old Life-Like rolling stock?

    I have some old life-like rolling stock, and I'm wondering what the appropriate upgrade is for MT couplers? Do I have to replace the whole truck? I find the conversion table very cryptic as a newcomer. N scale. Thanks, Eric
  8. E

    Recommend a steamer for DCC?

    I'm new to N scale and want to buy a first locomotive to play with for eventual use on a layout in the planning stages. Could someone recommend an engine that is known to be ugradable to DCC (going to do this immediately)? Specific decoder recommendation would be great too. My layout will...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top