ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Love the all of the progress. This is the first time I viewed this thread in about 6 months so it's awesome to see all of the work that has been done. Looks great!
-
I'm surprised I haven't posted this already.
The Clinton Central Model Railroad Club is located in Castanea, PA. Castanea is minutes from Lock Haven, PA, half-hour/40 minutes from Williamsport, and 40 minutes from Montoursville, PA which is the home of Bowser and English's Model Railroad...
-
Is that just wire with a coating so the actual leads won't get pinched?
-
Ok, thanks. I know where I'll mill the frame then. Would I need a resistor for each bulb? And I forgot to mention that I'm running on a DCC layout. Would that make a difference? Again, I'm new to the modifying game.
-
Hey guys, I just purchased a details west ditch light kit for my Athearn SD50.
I have heard that the light bulbs should be 1.5v but the bulbs that were supplied were 3v. Should I need resistors? Also, I am wiring them into the headlight leads until I get a new decoder so does anyone have...
-
Can't wait to see more. I just joined and last night I spent about an hour or more following the progress of your layout haha. Awesome, awesome work!!
-
A little late on this, but I live in Montoursville! Have you been to English's since they moved into the Bowser facility?
-
Here are some more photos from the past few months.
Recently completed scrapyard:
The main station:
Recently completed memorial park:
Back when plaster was dominating the layout. This was actually some of the most recent plaster work that was done. This is where the station sits...
-
We can run some pretty long trains around the mainline. It's fun. If you want to see the progression of the scenery work, check out the flickr page. It's amazing to see what just a few months can do to a layout.
-
Thanks. All of the scenery work pretty much was done by me and two other people and in the beginning, we had no idea what we were doing haha. Now I'm ready to start my own layout because I know some great techniques for scenery.
We don't have regular running sessions, but we meet every...
-
The Clinton Central Model Railroad Club is located in Castanea, Pennsylvania, just outside of Lock Haven. Our club is housed in an 1884 New York Central train station. Our layout is in the old freight room, which is about 28ft by 40ft.
If you look straight down at the DCC layout from above, it...
-
I'll post our website here and on the topic once I start it. And my SD50 is stock right now, but I'm about to install ditch lights and possibly get a new sound decoder if my wallet permits haha. I'll definitely post photos of the loco soon though.
That's awesome! It's a good school. On our...
-
Hey guys, my name is Jeff and I'm from the Williamsport area in Central Pennsylvania. I have been into the hobby pretty much all of my life but I really only have been active in the last two years. I belong to the Clinton Central Model Railroad Club in Castanea, PA, near Lock Haven.
I only...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)