Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. greasemonkey

    HO tip of the day: Painting wheelsets

    What about the needle ends of the axles that fit into the side frames? Wouldn't those need to be cleaned off too? I would think that paint on them would gum the free turning axles up a bit.
  2. greasemonkey

    Hello from Alberta

    Greetings from Northern Alberta! Matt, I think it's funny that you're modelling my home town! You don't see that often.
  3. greasemonkey

    Anyone do their own photo-etches?

    I just found this thread last night, and I wanted to say thanks for posting everything. I have had one of these kits sitting in the basement for quite some time, but have never got around to trying it. This could very well be the motivation I needed. I think the artwork is going to be the...
  4. greasemonkey

    Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

    I'm going to disagree with you on that one....but in a good way! I don't think paying to correct the inaccurate model would pay for the cost of an accurate model from Railflyer, I think it would MORE THAN pay for it. So basically, I think it would be cheaper to pay for the correct Railflyer...
  5. greasemonkey

    Does anyone do spin casting? (brass or pewter)

    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever had any luck with finding someone to do the casting for you? With the advent of some of the new rubbers that are available, low temperatures are actually quite attainable. The rubber I use most frequently is vulcanized at only 180...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top