Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Switches,toggles, control panels.. ahh!!!!

    You need spdt center off (momentary). The switches normal position is in the center. Either throw is momentary. It should be identified as SPDT C/off Mom. I have seen it shown also as (on)-off-(on). The brackets indicate that on is a momentary function. As far as wiring, one side of the...
  2. S

    Favorite DCC sound decoder?

    My favorite right now is QSI. But the bad news is, untill they actually start selling the "aftermarket" QSI Quantum Revolution, you have to buy a loco with it already installed. I have an idea that when they finally start selling them, I won't be looking much further. I have a few Soundtraxx...
  3. S

    one turnout causing problems

    When I just finished troubleshooting a couple on my newly laid track, it was just the opposite. Mine would go through at high speed, but short at low speed. Ocassionally, it would short at high speed too, but the flywheel momentum would keep it going and it would just restart. Just for the...
  4. S

    Control Panel Toggle Switch

    If you go to toggles, there are two ways I know it can be done. The first choice is to use SPDT (Center off - Momentary) toggles. The Momentary is absolutely critical, the Atlas switch machines only need a short "burst" of current. With a normal SPDT switch that continues to pass current as long...
  5. S

    NCE Computer interface

    I had an email from Litchfield Station that said it was SUPPOSED to start shipping November 2007. Guess they missed that. Seems more and more, companies put out promise dates and then have difficulty meeting them. I read in Feb MR that the QSI Revolution (stand alone sound decoder - HO) is...
  6. S

    NCE powercab a beginners set?

    I bought one about 7 or 8 months ago. This was after not having a layout set up for around 20 years. Within 5 minutes after opening the box (literally), I had a train running and was able to easily change the address and modify CVs. It seems very easy to learn. I am just strarting to lay track...
  7. S

    NCE Computer interface

    Read aroud this website for info on the software. http://jmri.sourceforge.net/apps/DecoderPro/ The software is a free download. I'm not sure I'd ever run my railroad from the PC, but from what I've read others say, I can't wait to be able to program the decoders using the PC. So to answer...
  8. S

    What decoder do I have?

    According to NMRA, these are the manufacturers IDs: http://www.nmra.org/standards/DCC/standards_rps/Appendix%20A,%20RP%209.2.2%202007.10.17.pdf 33 shows as Praecipuus, located in Canada. That's not much help, unless someone has heard of them. Perhaps they provide electronics to someone else.
  9. S

    Athrean RS3 sound

    I removed the original light board. Then I hardwired the TCS M1. The M1 is mounted on the Front Transmission cover. TCS decoders lock using CVs 15 & 16. I haven't locked mine yet, I played with settings as I was working, so I could do one or the other at a time. I also removed the Rear...
  10. S

    Athrean RS3 sound

    The easiest thing to do would be use a Soundtrax replacement board. If I were to do it again, I might even go that way. I did one using a TCS M1 for the motor/light functions and a Soundtrax DSX for sound. Mounting the decoders isn't that big a problem. The TSC will fit under the short hood...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top