Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    New guy's (simple) layout....looking for some ideas.

    I've read that the DCC EZ turn outs are supposedly better then older stuff. Just because I read it doesn't make is so however. I'm still up in the air on the ez track. Time will tell. A passing area! That was something I forgot to ask in my original post. I have limited space from front...
  2. T

    Being new can be VERY overwhelming!

    Got it. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid! :) I 100% agree. I'm just trying to make my first layout something that will keep my interest yet not TOO complicated. I can see how it's easy to get over your head. I just keep telling myself that the first time out doesn't have to be too over the...
  3. T

    Being new can be VERY overwhelming!

    Great points...thank you!
  4. T

    New guy's (simple) layout....looking for some ideas.

    So after a few posts here I've been pretty busy marking my territory (searching for a place for a layout that won't tick off "the boss"), clearing my territory (cleaning out a place that won't tick off "the boss") and figuring out how much room I actually have (how much room "the boss" is...
  5. T

    Just started work on my layout

    Can someone clear something up? Can you run Bachmann sound equipped engines with an EZ command set? I plan on running no more then 2 engines at one time. Would I need a 5amp booster or will the EZ command system NOT work for sound at all? Thanks, Tony
  6. T

    Being new can be VERY overwhelming!

    Thank you for the replies. After spending the day tinkering with the atlas software suggested above and figuring out the area I have to work with, I think I came up with a simple layout that should keep me interested for awhile. There is a lot of 18" radius track and some switches. I know...
  7. T

    Being new can be VERY overwhelming!

    If I were to take a piece a paper and make a list of things I know about this hobby on one side and a list of things I don't know on the other side this is how it would read: Things I know: 1) I really get a kick out of model railroading and I would like to build a layout. Things I don't...
  8. T

    New York and Long Branch in HO

    I'm a new guy here and to model railroading. 1) I am so sorry about the loss of your wife and 2) if your site was meant to inspire new people-it just did. Thanks for posting your work. -Tony
  9. T

    Just started work on my layout

    I don't think I better open this thread for awhile. Talk about a new guy getting overwhelmed! YIKES. (awesome table so far!)
  10. T

    Hello from Boston

    thanks for the welcome and thanks for the information!!!!! I'm leaning towards atlas track with the brown ties as it seems like a popular choice for a lot of layouts here. I'm also looking to go with a 4x6 layout to start with. I'm still in the information gathering stage and don't really see...
  11. T

    Hello from Boston

    Good evening everyone. I'm Tony. From the Boston area. 39 years old. My brother and I had an N gauge layout when we were in our teens and we helped my older brother around the same time with his N gauge layout. I've always been a huge fan of model railroading and am interested in getting...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top