Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    HO scale animated police cars

    wow no one?
  2. D

    HO scale animated police cars

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7A8bj1pzAs&feature=related so far this is the best link i can come up with
  3. D

    HO scale animated police cars

    I keep seeing these cars on peoples HO scale layouts on youtube but cant find them for purchase anyone happen to know where to get them?
  4. D

    track laying help

    I thank you for the tutorial. I do have one more concern I used to use cork under the rail I know it helps dampen the sound and give a more realistic look but would it be better to use some of that Styrofoam like you would use on the outside wall in a basement? Or would this not provide...
  5. D

    track laying help

    Looks like 2 good investments track cutters look like wire cutters but from the looks of them they have a thinner head more apt to cut and less likely to squash the track correct?
  6. D

    track laying help

    Not to sure where to put this but here goes. When I was younger I had a decent sized layout But died off quickly due to my ignorance on how to lay track I never had books on the subject and at that time no internet.. What used to happen is no matter what I did I could not keep the cars...
  7. D

    Want to start but not sure if I should

    Yeah that's what I kinda figured specially with the landscape the small rocks and gravel
  8. D

    Want to start but not sure if I should

    I would like to start my HO back up but I have one problem. I have one room that I can build one in but eventually I would like to add a room to the house dedicated to my HO's and am worried about moving the one I might setup now. Any opinions?
  9. D

    Good sites to find what I need?

    Thanks and yeah tell me about it I do not know of any good local places here in AZ that carry stuff like that.
  10. D

    Good sites to find what I need?

    I just wanted to know because I like to get all of what I want from one place and one of the sites that had most did not have the 74LS145 But after seeing the Mouser ill see if they have all the other ICs I need :)
  11. D

    Good sites to find what I need?

    Ok here is a question is there a place that I can get an equivalent to a certain part number? say an equivalent to this 74LS145..
  12. D

    Good sites to find what I need?

    Thanks for the help I also found this place anyone dealt with them before? http://www.mouser.com/
  13. D

    Good sites to find what I need?

    I'm looking for a decent online place to order integrated circuits many things like 555 timers, op amps, AND gates, nor gates, binary counters, decade counters, so on and so forth (you get the picture).. Thanks in advance, Dom
  14. D

    is this possible with DCC?

    Well I haven't actually bought anything yet still learning it all first But would it be possible using a DCC system to have lets say a freight train running at a certain speed slow down when coming upon a street/track crossing then speeding back up once the crossing gates have come fully down?
  15. D

    Traffic lights

    No I don't... I just might have to make my own
  16. D

    need railroad crossing this time

    Thanks sushob all I will need now is just something that will lower the gates as far as the electronics go I have a design I made up should work nicely
  17. D

    Traffic lights

    Well the traffic lights i'm looking for is something like this but also has one on the side pole
  18. D

    need railroad crossing this time

    been doing some searches in Google but coming up short I'm looking for a nice automated rail/street crossing. DO they even make a crossing that the arms go down by motor instead of pressure plate?
  19. D

    Traffic lights

    Anyone know where I could find a nice looking set of Traffic lights preferably with LED lights also (don't know if these are possible) but I'd like the light to have a hanging one and one down the side of the same pole that the hanging one is on thanks




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top