Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Layout table construction?

    What materials did you use for your layout table construction? I'm thinking 2x4's is too beefy. I'm leaning towards building the frame with 1x2's. 1/4" underlayment for the top, then the foam board on top of that. Sound good enough? Also, whats the purpose of the top foamboard, noise...
  2. J

    Code 83 Code 100 whats the difference?

    Did more searching and found my answer: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18748&highlight=Code
  3. J

    Code 83 Code 100 whats the difference?

    Code 83 Code 100 whats the difference? Any other codes I should know about?
  4. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    Very nice Motley! I'm sort of handicapped, not sure I could get in those access holes or not. Not sure on how to do the drop down section either, but I think I should be able to find something on it. Thank you for taking the time to draw that up.
  5. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    Here is a scaled to size room layout ( squares ar 1' ) with proposed "L" layout base"
  6. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    I have a polebarn, but I hate to heat/cool it as needed. So, I'm stuck with trying to put something in an exsisting guestroom that really isnt used but a couple times a year ( guest can sleep with the trains or get a motel ). Its about 15'x10' 8" in size, so the " L " shape on 2 walls leaves me...
  7. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    I found some models of the GP15-1. Now I need to figure out all the dcc ready info I guess. Thanx for your help.
  8. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    Can you recomend a couple low end DCC ready 4 axles?
  9. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    I was afraid of that. Guess an inside oval is out of the question. I'm not too worried about making my layout era/mainline/freight correct. Just a project to make something up I can enjoy playing with. I posted my planned layout size, and budget is moderate, considering the cost of...
  10. J

    Minimum radius for HO?

    1st a little info: I "want" to start with the HO Digital Commander Deluxe Set w/DCC for one main reason, gets me started in DCC and gives me 2 Engines and controller/power pack for about $175 shipped. My layout table will be an L shaped 10' 8" x 8'. Both leg's ( of the L )will be against a...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top