Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Japanese 2-6-0

    I bought a Japanese mogul some years ago, and when I ran it, the darn thing goes 200 MPH plus. It's a Micro Ace 2-6-0 AO290 on the box, and all writing is in Japanese, or something oriental Kit NO.AO290-9500. I've had it running using a couple of wires connected to the tender wheels to help...
  2. D

    Sean's Layout

    Wow, work with you son all you can. On a visit home a number of years ago my 21 year old son expressed an interest in a father and son layout, so we sat on the porch and drew diagrams for a 4x8, and his was the design we chose. We built it, and now years later our grandsons want to run trains on...
  3. D

    My Track Plans

    Hi Steve; I personally like the second plan you have, it keeps the straight along the layout edge away a bit. I'm a 60 year old N scale guy who loves N scale. I use an opti visor for some detailing and get away with it. With your health problems Steve, you may just want to stay with HO...
  4. D

    Layout Built In A Trailer?.....

    layout built in a trailer That is an excellent idea, and exactly what I'm doing. Couple of years ago the wife left me, and when I remarried, her kids think I'm after her money so things are a mite dicey. I picked up a single axel 8X12 enclosed trailer for $1200 and am building in it. If I have...
  5. D

    PB 359 Logging Truck &Trailer

    PB 359 logging truck Well, firetacoma's truck looks great, I'm a teamster by trade and have driven Pete's most of my life. The advice on painting is great, just softly clean the parts, glue em together and then prime the model, I like flat white for a primer which makes colors look better than...
  6. D

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    HO versus n guage, need advice I personally am an N scale guy, but scale makes little difference, how much room you have is what counts. HO has a bigger variety in locos, and both scales have excellent running equipment. N scale can allow a larger layout if space is limited. I ya have more room...
  7. D

    N layout on a 4x8?

    n scale layout on 4x8 My son and I designed a layout together and over the years it has been fun to operate. We still have this one. There are also guys in this hobby who love to design layouts, and I happen to know a super guy who has designed two for me, and both are terrific. I can...
  8. D

    Area modelers?

    Hi Guys; I was just wondering if there are any N scalers in the Tempe, AZ area? I'm not attached to a club presently due to the fact that I work nights and most of the meetings are at night, makes it tough. Also have a cabin in Luna New Mexico where most of my stuff is at right now, will...
  9. D

    locomotives

    Thanks for all the help guys, I thought the only N scale shay was the Atlas one, guess I was right. Sure nice to have someone to yak at and ask questions, you guys are terrifiec, now I remember why I love this hobby! Brian Diablo
  10. D

    locomotives

    Nscale loco's 2-6-0, and shay Thanks for the help. I still have all my n scale stuff from before, just need the smaller loco's for a short line rr. I have a bunch of kato mikes, one bachman consoladation, and a bunch of diesel locos, and one Key 2-6-6-2 that will be getting a home on a new...
  11. D

    locomotives

    I've been out of it for a few years, and am presently beginning a new layout and it will have small steam locos powering the trains. I am wondering about the Atlas shay, how does it run, and is it a good addition to a mountain logging scene.also I need to know about the newer 2-6-0's, which are...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top