Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Clubs, good or bad?

    Yesterday I finally got to meet all the qualifications, and can now become a member, this is great, now I can have a place to play, and yes, I am going to join. One guy was able to run an 83 car train while I was there, and it was impressive. His home layout is a modest 3x5 he pulls from under...
  2. D

    Atlas Shay

    I've asked a few people how the shay ran, and I got mixed reports, but yesterday I finally got to see one run at the club layout, and WOW!!!! What a jewel Atlas made. It ran great, the guy bought it at a swapmeet, used, and it ran better than it looked. Now I gotta get one. Has anyone else...
  3. D

    running an engine after 29 years

    Yesterday I took a couple of Rio Grande Atlas RS-3's over to the club layout and after having them for years and not running them, they ran roughly at first, but I had the speed up, and after ten minutes they loosened up, settled down and ran like they should. I did nothing to them before doing...
  4. D

    If you were switching roads

    I'm a Sante Fe fan, no BNSF, because when the SF was around I used to go to Winslow, AZ where there is a big yard, and they fuel the trains right on the mainline. They let me move around and take photos, so I love the SF, and were I to start over, I'd just try to do a better job on scenery and...
  5. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    Amen to that. Models are easy to get along with. It's hard to find a gal who is very supportive of ones hobby interests. I know a few lucky guys who enjoy a wonderful spouse that's supportive. It's just not in the cards for me I guess. I tried twice, that should be enough I'd think.
  6. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    I already know the laws, having been thru it once before, and we each have our own accounts. I owe only a little on a credit card, no other debts, she has her own. All I ever wanted was a place for my hobby stuff. I can't get it here, so I'm moving on. Besides, her grown children and their...
  7. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    no room for a layout, venting After getting screwed twice by females, I'vfe had enough, and don't ever expect sympathy from me for any of em in the relationship department. I sunk a lot of money into this one, but enough is enough:mad:
  8. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    no room for a layout, venting Well, I'm going to look for an enclosed trailer today to build my train room in, then I'm moving out while she's off visiting her kids and grand kids. I can take it all with this way. Enough is enough, I tried and tried only to fail. I can cook, wash my clothes and...
  9. D

    RR Clubs.... DCC or DC

    T his club in Scottsdale, Sun N Sand, has a lot of younger guys who do not own DCC stuff, so ii's not just us older guys. By the way, I helped a friend install DCC on his own HO layout so it's not that I'm afraid to try, I'm just not to interested, is it a crime to make the decision to remain...
  10. D

    RR Clubs.... DCC or DC

    I belong to a club in AZ, Sun N Sand and it runs both DC and DCC. There was recently some hot debates on what to do as some wanted to go to DCC only, but most of the members are DC guys like myself, and the cost of going DCC is prohibitive, so we run both, and it seems to work well. Lots of...
  11. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    no room for a layout, venting :mad: Thanks guys, guess maybe I'll miss her, but not likely. I already have the guns and shovel, and the beer, she's used to that. I can't put a building on her lot here, have to hook up ac and she doesn't want to spend the money on that, so will take some of my...
  12. D

    No room for a layout----venting

    I spent all my life accumulating N scale train stuff so when I retire I can build my layout and not have to spend any money on the stuff. Well, I have it, but my wife of 35 years listened to her sisters and mother, they don't like men in their lives, so she followed their advice and left. I lost...
  13. D

    What do you do for a living?

    I work nights for Home Depot working freight, used to work construction and heavy equipment til that died. I wouldn't recommend working for HD by the way:(
  14. D

    What State do you live in?

    I live in Arizona, Tempe is the city, and we have a cabin in the mountains of New Mexico, two great places, two great layouts
  15. D

    N scale Trees

    buy some dowels, and a piece of green furnace filter material, and make your own trees that look realistic, and tall as they should be. Works for this modeler. I love tall pines, forests of em, and mountain scenery.
  16. D

    POLL: New "N" Scale Power

    here my list; 1. 4-6-0 2. camelback 3. shay re run 4. climax 5. heisler 6. more logging equipment:cool:
  17. D

    Clubs, good or bad?

    Thanks guys, I'm still up in the air on this club deal. Now I need ten signatures to join, still another change in rules. I'd quit the deal right now, but after re marrying, my now wife has two homes, both four bedroom, and I can't have a layout room, so I continue to go over to this darn club...
  18. D

    N Scale layout help needed

    :D If you think about it, flex track is a wonderful thing, leave the computer out of it and set up the Y using your turnouts, and with a piece of flextrak, set it up to see if it will fit. I'd think you could do it using flex track. If not, then a turntable is the answer. I railfan in...
  19. D

    N newbie

    partsman I happen to love flextrack, there are far fewer joints to cause electrical problems. I solder every joint after using the railjoiner, then curve it around the bend, then using rail nippers, even the track ends up, and go on to the next piece doing the same. Just do whatever works for...
  20. D

    N newbie

    nof Wow, i must've been way off in my figuring, 4% is way out, thanks for correcting me on that one. Live and have fun learning. Math isn't my forte. haha:D




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top