ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
B
Thank you everyone. I now am getting started with DCC. I have decoders being shipped and I'm shopping around for controllers. One question though can I use powered locos in tandem that aren't DCC equipped or should I modify them?
-
B
Well I can't thank you all enough for the help. It sounds like I'll be going over to DCC. Trouble is where do I start? Other than the decoders for the locomotives, what else do I need?
-
B
Ha ha thanks Alan. I am thinking about just switching to DCC but I don't know where to start or how to use it
-
B
That's great info Rodney. Yes both locos are DCC ready and 8 pins in both. I'm glad I asked this question on here because I went from clueless to have multiple ideas. I'll be checking everything out and watching for prices. Thank you so much!
-
B
OK I'll check into that. Thanks
-
B
OK thanks for the info. I'll have to decide where to go from here
-
B
I have an ho scale layout I'm working on that runs on DC only and I would like to have sound. I only have two athearn locomotives that are DCC compatible but I understand there is a way to have sound without DCC. Should I go the route of just adding sound or would my time and money be better...
-
B
I know its a shot in the dark because they don't run these units (or at least around my area) but I would like to see a dash 9 when they were first manufactured in the RJ Corman finsh
-
B
I can't really give you my own advice because I'm in a road block myself with being overwhelmed and just wishing I had more space, money, skills, etc..... My uncle however who has been a modeler since he was a kid told me to pick you priorities and finish them first. I made my priority to lay...
-
B
This is true Jim but I am nowhere near the skill level God is ha ha ha
-
B
Thanks Bob. Its been very overwhelming trying to do what I want and not knowing how. This forum however is making it a lot easier already and I haven't even asked many questions. It gives a sense of comfort knowing everyone is more than willing to help at any time.
-
B
Thanks Jim 68cuda! I'm in a bind right now trying to convert to DCC so everything is at a stand still.
-
B
I named mine the "Thoroughbred Transition!" Its not modeled after a place but more of an era. I'm modeling around the time when Norfolk Southern bought out Conrail and had a mixture of both paint schemes. I'm from Central Pennsylvania and I grew up watching all of the Conrail blue slowly convert...
-
B
Hi everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from central Pennsylvania. I'm not real sure if I'm supposed to make an introduction or not but just in case, here is a little background. I am a newbie in every category right now including my ho scale layout. I've been a train lover since I was a kid and...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)