Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    Anyone else buy during Factory Direct trains sale?

    I was talking to a local, about 45 minutes away, hobby store owner who was closing his doors this spring. I had just gotten back into the hobby. Apparently he had been around about 10 years, I noticed that he was selling the store layout on Craigslist, that's how I found him. He was selling...
  2. C

    Another decoder question

    Damn manuals :)
  3. C

    Another decoder question

    Good information to have because you don't want to have to replace those bulbs. Didn't know that about the Digitrax. TCS A6X or a NCE DASR decoder would be a better choice then.
  4. C

    Moderator please contact me

    I guess there are no moderators on this forum. I never got a PM. Tried PMing one Moderator and his inbox was full.
  5. C

    Another decoder question

    First run Genesis SD70Ms need the light board replaced, but that is pretty simple if you buy the right replacement decoder, the original board just pops off. If you go with say a Digitrax DH165A0 it will install easy Here is a pdf of the install http://www.digitrax.com/ftp/DH165A0.pdf DH165A0...
  6. C

    Another decoder question

    What scale are we talking about here?
  7. C

    Con-cor superliners

    I'm not a big Amtrak guy, but I thought these were pretty nice for the price I paid for them. Maybe get an Athearn P40 to pull them. I think once the windows are tinted, some added weight and metal wheels they will be good runners. I found these interiors but they are a little too...
  8. C

    Con-cor superliners

    I got a 5 car set of Con-cor Amtrak Superliners in Phase IV colors. I know these aren't as nice as the Walthers, no wonder comparing the price. They are nice enough and I would like to add some weight and maybe some interiors. Are there any cheap interiors for these cars? Also I am thinking...
  9. C

    Wheel Corrosion (?), Broadway Locomotives

    Love your layout and your inter-modal yard and over head crane. I have heard great things about Broadway service. I think they will do something for you. You might be out $10 to $12 to ship it to them but it will be worth it. Even if you went to the trouble of cleaning and polishing the...
  10. C

    Wheel Corrosion (?), Broadway Locomotives

    I would ask a Broadway Limited customer service about this, I think they would replace the wheels. There is no nickel plating even on the sides where there would be no wear. This doesn't seem right to me.
  11. C

    Moderator please contact me

    I have tried to port twice to the for sale section and each time the post never comes up. I have posted in the past, what ir wrong now? Thanks Jerry
  12. C

    SD70M's and SD70MAC's.... Same Handrails?

    I might just have to get me some Athearn handrails and give it a try. Thanks Jerry
  13. C

    SD70M's and SD70MAC's.... Same Handrails?

    Did anybody find any Kato H0 scale SD70MAC handrail sets? I need the rear railing as it's been lost or was never in the box. I have a CSX SD70MAC with gray handrails. According to Kato websote it's part number 952102, problem is it's sold out. I was thinking about just making them up...
  14. C

    Athearn AC4400 and Tsunami AT1000

    It runs as good as the first day I installed it. Someone asked me to make a video of it in manual notching mode so they could here all the motor steps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYRDFkCCNc Here is a video of the engine in lead on the K10 layout...
  15. C

    Canadian Wide cabs

    You would think that if GE is making the Canadian version anyway why modify the design for American railroads. It would seem to me to be cheaper to make one design for both, same procedures for assembply and same inventory of parts.
  16. C

    Canadian Wide cabs

    I just think it's cool that it has the EMD look. I wonder why GE didn't use this style glass on American wide cabs?
  17. C

    Canadian Wide cabs

    I found this pic of BC Rail C44-9W, with slanted EMD SD70 style windows. Was this just a Canadian only style wide cab or did GE use this style on American locomotives? Athearn has a BC Rail C44-9Wbut has normal rectangular windows. Does anybody make this wide cab style in HO? Jerry
  18. C

    Kadee #28 on a Athearn RTR AC4400 ??

    Yeah I need a long shank for the plow. I will pick some up at the LHS next time. Thanks guys, Jerry
  19. C

    Athearn AC4400 and Tsunami AT1000

    I have since changed out the laptop speaker for a 16x35mm 8 ohm speaker SP-16x35-08 from litchfieldstation.com and small enclosure SPENC-16x35. When I went to install the mate to this speaker in a Kato SD70MAc it just didn't sound that good. I measured the speaker with my ohm meter and it was...
  20. C

    Kadee #28 on a Athearn RTR AC4400 ??

    I always used Kadee number 5 on just about everything. I happen on to Kadees' conversion pdf file and see they recommend a number #28 for my AC4400. #28 is a Medium (9/32") center set shank just like a #5 except it's insulated? Kadee 20-Series Couplers Multi-Purpose Insulated Coupler Kit...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top