Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    Thanks guys for the comments and compliments. I'm going to keep DCC in mind for future progression. For now, since the layout is small to medium, everything in reach, two engines and one operator (2 in the audience, not quite ready to handle the operation) I'm going to stick with DC. After...
  2. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    I was afraid someone was going to say that. :( It's been considered, but the cost has prevented the momentum.
  3. N

    My track plan, finally... Would appreciate some critique/advice.

    Good start... You indicated you wanted a yard or classification area. Expand east and build a yard. It could just be a peninsula.
  4. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    I need to do a little more homework/research on basic wiring. I believe what I want isn't possible. If I turn a block on that connects the main line connected to the TYCO, there'll be double juice into the block. No good! I was looking at http://www.nmra.org/beginner/extended.html Not sure...
  5. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    update Just a quick update. Haven't done much to the layout. I've been running and testing the "operation" to see if it'll be something enjoyable and lasting. I think with better operation planning it'll work out fine. I've made a few alterations and industry moves. The next phase(s) will be...
  6. N

    The Ultimate Swicthing Yard

    Stein, once again, a fascinating read and a brilliant post. Thank you!
  7. N

    Magic Pan Bakeries

    Nice looking plant, makes me thirsty for a Coke.
  8. N

    What's on your HO work bench ??

    I'm trying to duplicate Walthers Valley Growers Grain Elevator out of a cracker and girl scout cookie boxes. It's amazing how close the sides/sizes of these various boxes are lining up with each other to resemble a decent looking (it'll do for now) elevator. Will post a picture later.
  9. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    :D I took the advice of a forum member (can't recall when and where) of soldering flex track with the loose rail pushed about 4-5 ties into the adjoining piece. I had to remove some of the ties in order to do this. You can see the off set. Looking back at the picture, I got a little carried...
  10. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    I encountered the same problem area. If I have a long tall building in this corner, it's not practical to switch. Can't see what I'm doing. I also see this grain elevator being knocked around on occasion from reaching for the Mill. Table top height is 46". I can reach the other side of...
  11. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    and a couple more. This is the south side with the grain elevator (track not connected yet), flour mill and interchange (not connected). I also soldered a couple of flex track joints around the curves. The upper joint doesn't have flux. Lower does and turned out much better. When the track...
  12. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    Here's some pictures of the yard and industrial area.
  13. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    some pictures Here's the overview. The boxes are place holders and snacks. The bottom is 41" off the ground. All four sides are modular bolted where touching each other. The modules are sitting on a 2x2 railing screwed to the wall into studs. Very sturdy with hardly no deflection.
  14. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    Thanks Paul for the reply. Like I said, a majority of the plan is the brain child of Stein. I too felt this was a good design and one that fits well in the space I have available. I enjoy seeing other peoples layouts. I thought I'd share this one in hopes it gives others some good ideas and...
  15. N

    Third times a charm - W&J

    This is my "latest and greatest" layout. I've actually built and tore down 2 other tables and layouts. It's just the way I am. Fortunately, the benchwork is modular, bolted together end to side. My train room is fairly narrow, 7'5" by 14'5" length. There's a 3' door that opens in at the end...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top