Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

    To end any doubts, straight from the tsunami installation guide:
  2. P

    my layout design

    It was the "Um, not to rain on anyones parade, but..." if not for that beginning I wouldn't of thought it negative. that usually tells me someone's about to tell me what I can't do. No problem though. they haven't figured out how to make a sarcastica font yet!
  3. P

    tsunami sound problem

    I just shipped it to Soundtraxx. They'll have it by the 24th. Wonder what the turnaround time is for them.....
  4. P

    Tortoise Switch Machine Wiring Tip

    Mine are going to be powered by there own DC power supply. I started ordering power supplies and kept ordering the wrong type. Instead of sending them back i kept them for future use. As for you finding the short, I'd rather be lucky than good!
  5. P

    Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

    No problem! AC can be nasty. I have been in electrical engineering for over 15 years. Right now, working for one of the biggest mining equipment manufacturers in the world. That stuff is complicated!
  6. P

    tsunami sound problem

    I love the sound of my tsunami, I just hope this is a fluke thing.
  7. P

    Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

    Nope. Meant what i said. Straight out of tsunami installation guide "Larger numbers equal a lesser load, therefore 16 ohms is a lesser load than 8 ohms" you are thinking of resistance load, not power draw.
  8. P

    Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

    Dead wrong backwards. Any resistance is added when wired series. Higher resistance = lesser load. Two 8ohm speakers wired in series would be 16ohm, and lesser load than one 8ohm speaker.
  9. P

    my layout design

    Thank you for being kind! Like i said, i consider you guys pros, but this layout is what i want it to be. Lets keep it positive.
  10. P

    tsunami sound problem

    They said the amplifier is sensitive to static electricity. What can i do after i solder the connections to eliminate the risk of this happening again? Wrap it in electrical tape?
  11. P

    tsunami sound problem

    Spot on! I just got off the phone with them and I'm sending the decoder to them for repairs under warranty. I got 0 volts from the speaker out put.
  12. P

    my layout design

    I did not ask for suggestions. Simply showing my layout. I've worked on it for months. I'm not looking to be prototypical. Not asking for MY design to be judged by seasoned pros (which i consider most of you), just sharing. If I cooked you a meal, would you tell me "i would have done this" or...
  13. P

    my layout design

    In a hobby that it completely in the eye of the beholder, why would you ask such a thing? That's just rude.
  14. P

    tsunami sound problem

    I wonder if an on off switch to the main bus would work too?
  15. P

    my layout design

    The turntable has 2 main lines leading to it. Of i was going for a prototypical layout, i would defiantly take your advice! I am just going for what works with my fantasy little town. Thanks though!
  16. P

    my layout design

    I was a site designer for commercial and multifamily developers for 7 years! Guess that is stuck in my easy of thinking now! Thanks!
  17. P

    tsunami sound problem

    what's sad is the digitrax one is half the price of the tsunami....
  18. P

    tsunami sound problem

    Thanks for the advice!i will call the Monday when they open. Since this will be my first and last. Soundtraxx decoder, what is the best one out there? Most stable? I hear the digitrax you can load your own sounds. I just don't want to be fixing things every week.....
  19. P

    tsunami sound problem

    I have a AT1000 EMD 645 installed in my GP40. it has been working fine for the past 3 weeks. today it was working fine. then when I came home, I turned the power on to the track and a loud buzzing noise came from the train. Now no sound will come from it. the motor control still work fine so it...
  20. P

    my layout design

    I have long arms... Lol! I'm building in access points that can be removed. The large industrial area is one. It's 27" x 17". Plenty of room to pop up in. I'll have a pair of grippers to pick up trains if needed.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top