Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    traction problems, slippery rails

    thanks! I'll give that a try and see what happens. maybe it would be a good idea to get a track cleaner car. is there any particular version that seems better than others? I found one for $75 which says it actually has a vacuum built into it to pick up loose debris, as well as a multi-stage...
  2. M

    can someone help finding N&W passenger cars

    I got an N scale Norfolk and Western Class J-611 for Christmas. this locomotive is special to me, I was too young to really remember it at all, but I used to ride on it while they did their excursions until 94. I also grew up in Roanoke and have visited the real thing in its new home at the...
  3. M

    N scale Steam Locomotive Quality

    I haven't been into N Scale long, but I just got a Bachman Spectrum 4-8-4 and I am really impressed by how well it runs. running it at low speeds is no problem, that's the way I prefer to run it anyway, there's something about the driving gear working at very low speeds that is so impressive...
  4. M

    traction problems, slippery rails

    my model railroad is N scale but my question and any answers would really apply to any, so I'm hoping to get more traffic here. the rails on my layout are slippery, due to running one locomotive which accidentally got some WD-40 on its driving wheels. that locomotive and one other I have are...
  5. M

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    I saw a short clip of a sound equipped diesel on you tube. I was really impressed! it sounds very realistic. I can't wait to buy a few new locomotives with sound features. but I guess what I'm more concerned about at this point is, will things like sound and smoke be difficult to find in N...
  6. M

    HO vs N gauge, need advice!

    I'm sorry for the double post, I'm going to put this in both the HO and N scale categories so I can get some good info. I am about to get back into the model railroading hobby. I've been away for a while. I'm trying to decide between HO and N gauge for my next layout. several years ago I had...
  7. M

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    I'm sorry for the double post, I'm going to put this in both the HO and N scale categories so I can get some good info. I am about to get back into the model railroading hobby. I've been away for a while. I'm trying to decide between HO and N gauge for my next layout. several years ago I had...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top