ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I didn't even think about that great idea. I'm off to look for some cases.
Thankyou for your help...
-
After going to my first train show I found a gentleman that was selling Clear showcases and I took one of his business cards from him,since then I have misplaced the information and was wondering if anyone would know where I could find some clear display cases like this? Any help would be...
-
Thanks Jim, I will contact Bachman.
-
I purchased the EZ Command power supply just before Christmas and I have been noticing significant power loss due to low voltage problems with the wall wort. I tested the power supply with a digital multimeter and only got between 6.5 and 7 volts from the unit. I also noticed my locomotives were...
-
Being new at this I have no idea what makes them out of gauge or what the fix would even be. I will have to get one of those gauges and see. Thankyou for the info.
-
Never mind I figured it out number 10 on the controller is the only one that allows analog. I have no idea why it still makes a squeeling noise while the throttle is being advanced and then it just stops. Thanks anyway though.
Now that I have the trains running I ran into another small problem...
-
Well i finally got a layout running and I purchased a bachman dcc controler and it dosn't work but the the controler that came with the set dose work. I have no clue as to why but when i power up the dcc controller it just makes a high pitched squeeling noise so if any of you guys might have a...
-
Glen as a newbie I just wanted to say that you have a very nice layout and I hope oneday I have a room of that size to work with. Nice job keep up the great work and keep those pics comming,very nice.
-
LOL,yea that was kind of funny at the LHS.I really don't care what they think after all knowone there offered to buy me anything,LOL.
-
I took a trip to the LHS and much to my suprise, I seemed to have irritated most of the gentlemen by choosing N gauge. I could see that most of the guys were all HO scale enthusiasts which was fine by me as they simply just bashed my interest in N gauge. I kindly broke away from the discussion...
-
Welcome to the forum Bill. I am new at all of this and I can only say that these guys are a welth of info. See you on a thread somewhere.
-
Once again great info. and I will check around for local clubs as well,I am sure there is one close so I can visit to see what it is like. I 'm sure there is a ton of info. that club members would share. Thanks agin.
-
Well so far my job has dominated most of my time leaving me chomping at the bit for some rail time. I have managed to set the banboard to the inside of the office walls and cutout the plywood for my layout which ended up going through a wall and circling into the next room. I managed to end up...
-
Jeff you were exactly right,I thought that same thing as you stated. I didn't get it right away, I forgot I need some extra room so thanks for pointing that out.
-
I am working with a 6'6" by 8' layout and you guys hit the nail right on the head the bigger the radius the better. Jim thanks for the math end of this because I think it works out to almost a 28" radious wich will be fine I think. I was just wondering if most trains will run on that radious...
-
Thanks once again guys for all of your help,oh and great pics too. I understand how to install cork roadbed and track now, it means everything to not have to reinvent the wheel and just to check with all of you who have done this many times. I was also wondering about the size of the radius on...
-
Hey guys, I purchased enough Atlas Code 80 flextrack and cork to finish the layout. With all of the great suggestions I decided to go the cork route just to give it a try because it was my first layout. I think once I get my hands involved in some track and cork installation I will advance...
-
You guys are the greatest, after the cork is installed and I am ready for some track what would be the best track to use and is there a trick or two in laying it? I understand that many guys prefer the flex track and since I adopted the rule of do it nice or do it twice I would rather listen to...
-
Well thanks to Philip and Spacemouses Biginners Guide I got my pencil out and put down on paper what I wanted my layout to look like. Since then I have started to install the shelving that the track will be laid on. Now I need some help with Cork RB and tack installation. I started a thread on...
-
Hello all, because I am a newbie with no experiance at all in this hobby I could use a little help with the installation of cork RB and track. I am wondering what the best method of installation is for cork RB is. I have read that gluing the cork down as well as tacking it down is ok. I am open...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)