Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    Feedback on track plan

    Okay, I moved the turnout to the passing siding to the right (see "A"), which makes it about 3 cars longer -- room now for an 8-car train or so. I've also reworked the yard a bit (see "B"), gaining maybe 2 or 3 cars capacity. I tried implementing your ideas there, but everything was getting too...
  2. W

    Feedback on track plan

    Thanks for the ideas, Andy. I've moved the turnouts for the passing siding to make it longer. I'll admit I'm reluctant to make drastic changes to the yard. What I like about the current plan there is (1) the A/D track has an escape route for the loco for a train that is arriving "eastbound"...
  3. W

    Feedback on track plan

    Thanks for the feedback. The train table is already built; the room is plenty big, but due to family constraints I'm limited to the current size and position for the trains. Eventually.... :) Doug, yes the blue line is a divider. I plan to make a couple sections removable for access to the...
  4. W

    Feedback on track plan

    After many years I am finally beginning to get started on my first layout. Before I start spending money and making mistak -- err, laying track and building scenery :), I'd like some feedback on this track plan. What kinds of problems am I likely to (or going to) run into if I build and operate...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top