Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Solder

    Does Solder conduct electricity?
  2. T

    problems with turnouts....

    I use the ez track switches and I had similar problems. Sometimes the frog sticks up past the rail. I used a dremel to file it down so it was level with the track and that solved the problem.
  3. T

    Historic Information Needed

    I see many MRR companies have a tanker with "Penn Salt" markers on them. What were these cars used for and where can I find the information. Thanks!
  4. T

    Wiring Switches

    Does anyone know of a good website showing how to wire up SPDT switches?
  5. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    Thanks! I made 2 blocks and that should cover my needs.
  6. T

    Switches

    I am using N scale Bachman EZ track switches. The switch box they come with is rather large and I wanted to make a control board with different switches.
  7. T

    Grass Mat or Grass foam

    I think I will use the paint/foam. I can make it look better. Thanks for the advice!
  8. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    I see what you are saying. I have two blocks so I need to set up one for the positive leads and one for the negative leads, is this correct?
  9. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    Could you show me a picture? I am a little confused on what you are describing.
  10. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    I want to attach all the block leads then run one line to the power box.
  11. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    I bought some terminal blocks from radio shack to help sort out the power to my track but I am having trouble figuring out how to wire it up. Do you connect the power to one of the connections and the tracks to the rest or do I need something differnet.
  12. T

    Switches

    Are the control switches for turnouts SPDT or DPDT?
  13. T

    Grass Mat or Grass foam

    I have a 3'x10' N scale layout that I have almost finsihed with the basic track layout. I am trying to decide whether or not to use a grass mat or the foam grass. Anyone used a grass mat (from woodland scenics) and if so, how easy was it to work with both in installation and later in putting...
  14. T

    Tales From Rock Ridge--a Pictoral

    I never thought I would see a snake oil salesman on a train layout. That's awesome!
  15. T

    Railroad Term

    What is an interchange track? I have seen some smaller (and larger) layouts that have these. Most of the time it is a single track leading to the edge of the layout so I an confused on what its function is.
  16. T

    Divider Panel

    I laid the benchwork for my train and I would like to split in to two using a divider. Since I have never done this what do you make the divider out of, attach it, and decorate it. Any help would be appreciated.
  17. T

    Train City--what's in a name.

    You could have Train City as the layout with Caboose bay as a stop. Just make a lake shaped like a bay and have an industry there.
  18. T

    Newbie

    Hello all! I am new to the site and starting to build a N-Scale model train in my basement. I have looked over the site and you guys have some awesome setups. I hope to pick your brains for info! One of the 1st questions I have is this, on your benchwork do you use plywood (and what...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top