Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Scenery From the M&W (Formerly the SEI)

    I started the scenery on my 3x8 n scale layout this week and for being a 1st time modeler I am pretty proud of myself. I started with this back corner by my scene block to "test" my technique and I used a brown latex paint on the foam then used ground cover on top. I still need to ballast the...
  2. T

    Road Line Spacing

    Does anyone know what the distance is between the dashed yellow lines on the highway? I am getting ready to put in a road and want to paint them on. Thanks!
  3. T

    Track Cleaning

    What does everyone use to clean track? I have seen products made specificly for that purpose but what are other alternatives (like alcohol, etc.).
  4. T

    SEI Railroad Update

    I hope to get started on some early next week. I want to place a backdrop and work from there. The siding with the loco and cars on it is actual staging and I need to build a scene block for it. I also plan on building some custom buildings using the cornerstone kits from DPM and Walters.
  5. T

    SEI Railroad Update

    Here are the details and some pics of my layout: Scale: N Size: 3 ft x 8 ft (but will get bigger later this year) Time Period: Modern My wife got me a Bachman Explorer train set for Christmas and I have been working on it in my free time. I had to start over in March because the...
  6. T

    Posting Pics

    Can someone show me the link on how to post pics? Thanks!
  7. T

    Real Train Operation Speeds

    In real life how fast do trains normally operate at? Is there set speed limits?
  8. T

    The SEI is now operational

    Currently 3x8 but hope to expand to add another 3x8 section. I placed a post with more details in the general discussion area.
  9. T

    The SEI is now operational

    After 2 months of screwing around I have finally completed my benchwork, laid the track, and have everything wired up to run! Now I can work on my scenery. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will post them. I finally have completed the basics of my 3x8 layout and can run operations...
  10. T

    Engine Operation Question

    Thanks for the info! This will make my operations a little easier.
  11. T

    Engine Operation Question

    Do real railroads run there locos backwards besides in switching? I am looking at point to point operations and didn't know if railroads run the train in reverse for long distances.
  12. T

    Allied Model Trains closing

    I am an avid fisherman also and I can definately see how the internet has changed things in both model trains and fishing. Before, retailers could sell at prices close to retail because their was no competition and people could not really contact distributors outside of their area. Now with...
  13. T

    N Scale Conversion

    Does anyone have a calculation on converting measurments to N scale? I want to convert some buildings for my layout. Thanks!
  14. T

    Miles per gallon

    There are some guys I know who don't get that good of mileage.....
  15. T

    Ho & N

    I use N because I wanted a good size layout in a smaller space. HO has an advantage due to more detailed items being available but I still prefer N due to the size.
  16. T

    The Power of the Internet!

    I was goofing off and looking for information on wikipedia when I came across their railroad section which listed all of the shortline railroads in Iowa (where I live). I was able to find the local railroad and a list of all the companies they service in my town. I am now going to pick out 3-5...
  17. T

    Curious Coupler Question

    Thanks for the advice!
  18. T

    Curious Coupler Question

    I have a bachman engine with rapido couplers as well as the rest of the cars that came in the set. Can you mix coupler types and how hard is it to switch couplers on an engine?
  19. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    Gee whiz. All I wanted is some wiring advice. Didn't mean to start a riot. :D
  20. T

    Wiring Terminal Blocks

    This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top