Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Preliminary layout

    From the looks of things right now it looks like you can't turn a engine around. A runaround would allow you to do that plus add other yard switching options.
  2. T

    Preliminary layout

    I like what you have so far. Are you going to add another switch to create a run-around?
  3. T

    Cut & Fold Structures

    At my hobby lobby I picked up some foam board this weekend and it works really good. it is 3/16" thick and a 20" x 30" sheet costs about $2. I am making temporary buildings for my layout until I can get started on actual ones.
  4. T

    Model Railroader Mag. $$

    I have a subscription to MRR and since I got it online I have access to their online stuff with my subscription.
  5. T

    The new M&V

    N scale. I though about HO but space was an issue. With N I can fit a ton stuff into a small space.
  6. T

    The new M&V

    Here is the layout for the new M&V Railroad. It consists of 2 - 15" x 8' sections with the ability to add on additional 8' sections. I plan on a smalll downtown scene in the middle as well. Let me know what you think.
  7. T

    How to make an omelet

    Nice puns. I wondered what everyone was egg-xited over!
  8. T

    My layout, based on the Camas Prairie Railroad. Will keep updated.

    Nice layout! Is it HO I assume?
  9. T

    What Scale would you prefer for this.....

    I prefer N due to the fact I wanted a large layout in a reasonable amount of space and N scale allows me to do that. For that 5' x 9' space I would go with N (what is the shape of the layout? an L, tabletop, etc.).
  10. T

    small layout help

    I know you want to stay in HO scale but for that space N scale would allow you to make better use of the space. I went through the same debate and decided on N scale. Another reason is I wanted a narrower layout but also to be able to fit alot of scenery in. My current layout project (which...
  11. T

    My LHS Rocks!

    One of the LHS I like to use hooked me up this week. I purchased a bunch of Bachman N scale freight cars and when I got them home I realized they had the new Bachman knuckle coupler on them (the rest of my fleet is rapido). I like the rapido type and was in a bind. I went the talk to the guy...
  12. T

    #1 Item for Christmas?

    Train wise I asked for the Bachman EZ Command system to get me started in DCC (my layout does not require a massive system).
  13. T

    Thinking of building a layout 1 section at a time...

    I am throwing my hat into the "rebuilding my layout one section at a time" group as well. The way I am planing it is to build 1 1/2ft x 8ft or 2ft x 8ft sections with certain parts of the track ending on the edges at certian points. This way I can easily modify the next section if need be.
  14. T

    Need a Electronic Supply Store

    I am looking for a good online electronic parts supplier, mainly for SPDT switches. Anyone know any good/reliable ones?
  15. T

    Layout design

    Is this the Carolina Central Plan from 9 N-Scale Layouts? If so I have built a similar verison using Bachman EZ-Track. I am adding a yard and a additional spur as well.
  16. T

    Autumns Ridge......Reborn!

    That's cool! I wish my layout was that large. Maybe in the future.
  17. T

    Getting started.

    I use the EZ track in N scale and I am ballasting the sides to help it blend in better.
  18. T

    My beginning/My first

    I use the N-Scale EZ Track by bachman. I have a layer of 2" foam on top of my table. Used gorilla glue to attach the track to the foam. I included a pic so you can get a better idea.
  19. T

    Hello

    Post some pics of your layout area and maybe we can help you come up with ideas.
  20. T

    Hello

    Welcome to the board and to MRRing! I was in the same boat as you when you when I started my layout but now I am confident on what I am doing. The key to remember is that you are building your layout for YOU. It is there for your enjoyment. It doesn't have to be perfect. A lot of the really...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top