ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
?
Thats a good idea Carl :p
-
?
Got a little bit accomplished after work today.
-
?
Gotchya. Yea I'll play with that area once I have the benchwork built and see what I can do. With that being the back track I could elevate it all around and drop down or go up as needed to clear that crossing. I think I could do it with about a 2-2.5% grade.
For some reason I thought the...
-
?
Can you show me a quick example of what you mean?
I'm definently using your layout but do want to try to have a double mainline. I don't want to go too tight on the peninsula so was thinking of having the mainlines come into one track around that curve. Would that work with the rest of the...
-
?
After laying it out on the carpet with tape, I think that design is going to be great.
Just checking out how it's going to look :)
-
?
Thanks guys. I'm going to play around with that layout and try to add another track in there and maybe a yard someplace I can keep unused cars :)
Also where that door is, I won't be using that entrance so I can come all the way down to that wall and make it a bit longer.
-
?
I do like the sounds of what you are describing. I'll have to do some research on how to make that work.
Basically I'm just making two layouts like he made, one inside the other and connecting them with two switches so the trains can switch from one line to the other? That would allow two...
-
?
Would something like this work for two trains?
The red line would be elevated and range from 4-8" so it can clear itself and the black track that would be level on the top of the bench.
-
?
That's really nice choops. Thanks man.
The side on the right that you have the benchwork at 18" can come out to 30" if needed. The turn on the opposite wall would obviously have to be shortened for room to walk though. As far as three trains, the others can run on 18" turns. I also have no...
-
?
I have been given the goahead to use the whole room now and can run trains all around the perimeter :)
This opens up a whole new world.
The 10' wall on the left has a closet door at the very top. That will now be the entrance to the room since it's a walk in closet and is accessible from the...
-
?
That's a rough sketch. Only restraint is by the window. I can't exceed 30" away from it otherwise I can't reach it haha.
Mostly mainline running. I'd like to have a yard some place for coal cars because I have a bunch on NS engines and coal cars.
All the engines I have right now are dc. I...
-
?
I have a few ideas and have the dimensions of the room I can use but am having some issues with the online design programs. I must warn you though, it's a large (to me anyway) layout and I'm not really modeling any place in particar. Would like to run atleast 3 trains at a time. One of which...
-
?
Thanks. I was given the go ahead to use a larger room so this wont be a issue anymore however I cant seem to figure out this RTS software.
I put in one of my measurements of 38" but when I lay out a 36" turn it hangs over the edges of my benchwork. If I cant figure this out Im doomed haha
-
?
I have been out of model railroading for about 15 and am just getting back into it.
Anyway, I have a room that is 9'5"x13'10" with a doorway right in the middle of one of the 9' walls which means I could not fit a 22" or 24" radius in there for some of my older steam locos.
My idea was...
-
?
What track did you end up going with?
-
?
Yea seeing as how I planned on using flex for most of my layout I think I will order 2 boxes and see what happens.
-
?
ok 2 1/2 hours later, hows it going? :)
-
?
Since I am just getting back into this hobby I dont have an answer yet but I can tell you one thing, some of my expensive hobbies need to go. Between photography, kitebuggying, power kites in general, and saltwater fishtanks, somthing has got to give haha.
-
?
I just checked out hobbylinc and is this right? Aree there 33 in a package or an I reading this wrong?
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mce/mce16100.htm
-
?
$1.25 for track is pushing it. Adding the cork roadbed, I dont think its possible. The flex track alon it $2-$4 a foot depending on where you purchase it. Id love to be able to get flex for under $2 a foot though. Good luck.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)