ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Since I am cleaning off my old layout I have some more questions. What is the best method of track cleaning? I used to have a Bright boy that I used. But I read that some solvents do a good job also.
-
-
S
Since I am starting back up in the hobby here is my next question. I used to always put down cork roadbed on industrial spurs on my old layout. The only place without roadbed was the yard and engine terminal. Do you guys use roadbed in your industries or not? Any opinions? Thanx
-
S
Thanx for the response. I tell you where I live most of the "mom and pop" hobby stores went out of business. I will give Youtube a try. You say with Blueline you get horn sounds in DC?
-
S
Thanx for the quick reply. I guess I should correct my first post. I used gp9 as an example. I want to know in general what locos have the better sound systems. By better I mean the most realistic. I would lean towards SD40 for my locos. But any info would help. Thanx
-
S
I mentioned in another post I am just getting back into the hobby. My question is for DCC or DC sound what HO engines have the best sound systems? By that I mean if I get a GP9 which one sounds the best? Thanx
-
-
S
Once again thank you all for your replies. I know this will be subject to a persons personal taste but I will ask anyway. If I switch to DCC and only want to run 2 trains at the most which system will suit my needs? Most of my switches are ground throw although I do have one tortise crossover. I...
-
S
Thanx for the reply. I guess what I want is to run DC with some loco sounds. I see MRC has something called the Black Box. I also have seen ads for a MRC sound system for DC that is just coming out. I tell you I have read other forums and it seems people are always having trouble with their DCC...
-
S
Just getting back to my layout after 2 years off. I have a 6by20 ft DC one train operation layout with a MRC tech 4 pak. I want to buy a DC sound equipped loco "Atlas" and I guess I would need a Quantum controller. I have seen MRC ads for a new sound system for DC. Anybody else have 'gold...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)