Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Y

    Model Railroad Hobbyist: A Threat to MR?

    Ken, I thought I was the only one that did that? :)
  2. Y

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    Mikey, I'm with you, if they can't display their wares without your e-mail address, somethings fishy. They may be on the level, on the other hand why do they need your e-mail?
  3. Y

    How important is the programming track

    LocoBuffer can be built, however as Rex mentioned, the parts will cost more then a new LocoBuffer USB, not the mention the headaches.
  4. Y

    No cartoon......

    Me, I'm all for Model Railroad Hobbyist, I don't mind visiting their sponsors, and they seem to offer real articles (not to mention videos).
  5. Y

    No cartoon......

    I tend to agree, I remember it being a great mag, thought it was just me being gone from the hobby so long. It's not just the cartoon, but the whole thing seems same ol' same ol'.
  6. Y

    New releases......do you wait ???

    Uh oh, I may be in trouble. I've done pretty good staying out of the hardware store. Now I need to stay out of the LHS too... Self control is not one of my strong points when I want to get things done.
  7. Y

    Where to solder?

    SMD is surface mount device. They are tiny, REAL tiny, and you have the ability to solder the complete resister to the pad, and not take up a bunch of room or create a tangles mess with regular resisters. I'm not really sure if Rad Shack sells them or not, I usually buy resisters in bulk from...
  8. Y

    Where to solder?

    Looking at the pic on digitrax's website, looks like those 4 are plenty large enough for an SMD.
  9. Y

    Where to solder?

    Doh! I skipped right over your post, that should teach me to read before replying. :)
  10. Y

    At what point is what your building good enough for you? part 2

    The layout we're building now is the kids'. We're looking to move out of the apartment next spring into a house, that's when dad can build his dream layout, however I really want the two to interchange. To me that will be the fun part. Now to find a place with a 20' x 40' room... Yes, I'm...
  11. Y

    Where to solder?

    Couldn't one use SMD resisters soldered to the pads, that would reduce the tangle, albeit with some headaches soldering.
  12. Y

    At what point is what your building good enough for you? part 2

    For us, running trains is a must, there are now buildings as yet, only roadbed and track. With a 5 yr old, a 7 yr old, and an 8 yr old as crew, I have to keep the trains moving. :) For me it's helped spot where I needed to rethink ideas, for them "train time" is fun time. Once school starts...
  13. Y

    Wraparound Layout in Bedroom

    That would actually allow for a large N scale layout without the need for liftouts. I have less space in my room, and resorted to an L shaped layout in N.
  14. Y

    How to hide wires on/under laytout?

    I use a cable stapler (note, not a staple gun!) to pin the wires up and out of the way. I make sure that the setting on the stapler is such that it doesn't pinch the wires.
  15. Y

    The Last Run

    That must be straight out of the paint shop. Beautiful model however!
  16. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Since the dogs have been here, here's a picture of 3 of my boys (the oldest is playing outside).
  17. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Jim, my cat has the opposite problem, I can never get him out of the carrier, he's made it his bedroom... I could hang pictures of female cats in there for him and make it official...
  18. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Morning everyone, I'll take a cup of joe. Dealing with custody paperwork today. Certainly the bad part of the week for me :(
  19. Y

    Best HO Active Working Railroad Crossing

    check out http://www.logicrailtech.com/ I'm going with their circuit for N, but they have HO as well.
  20. Y

    HO scale = what in inches?

    .137931" divide 12 by 87 and you get the answer.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top