Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Squidbait

    HO Layout to fit in a roughly 8x11' space

    I also think your goals (while laudable) are a bit grandiose for the space you have. Rather than try to encompass things that are half a continent away from each other (like MN ore docks and Puget Sound silos) why not try to focus on one end of the thing, and build the layout around that. I...
  2. Squidbait

    HO Layout to fit in a roughly 8x11' space

    Unless you've got lots of room to walk around the outside of the layout, I'd strongly suggest you build a donut layout, one where you're in the middle and the layout is all around you. Also, I'll second the 1/2" ply. 1/4 is way too flimsy. You could offset some of the weight by using 1x3s for...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top