Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Concept in mind, not sure how to start

    I haven't been through the curve radius... I've spent the evening googling helices... and I downloaded some software but it is in inches, and my tracks are metric, further complicating everything. Hmm. Our plan was a whole mountain, but we're going to need like a million kilometers of...
  2. N

    Concept in mind, not sure how to start

    Holy crap. That's a lot of feet.
  3. N

    Concept in mind, not sure how to start

    At the risk of sounding like an idiot... what does 2% mean? 2% of what? I initially read it as 2 degrees... but then you'd need 28 feet for a 1 ft rise so that can't be right? Does 2% mean it's 2% of 360? So it's a 7.2 degree angle with the ground? Thanks, Nicole
  4. N

    Concept in mind, not sure how to start

    Hello! I'm new. My husband and I are planning an HO-scale mountain layout. Chip's beginner manual said we need staging so its business people -> train up mountain -> relax at the tourist trap! Sell it at the market <- train down mountain <- fresh farm goods So the problem is, we're...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top