Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Diesel-Electric

    What is this hopper car?

    Hello there, Can you good people out there tell me what this this type of hopper car is and what is generally transported in it? Here is the car: http://www.accurail.com/accurail/art/8000/8012.jpg Thanks in advance! D-E
  2. Diesel-Electric

    What brand makes the best turnouts?

    Not really. I seem to understand better on how the 'effective' radius comes about. Thanks Cjcrescent! Regards, Diesel-Electric
  3. Diesel-Electric

    What brand makes the best turnouts?

    Thank You BRS Hobbies. I am aware that the number represents the distance it moves forward per inch of divergence. I've also heard about #4 been the equivalent of a 18" radius. But I've also being told that #4 turnout has an 'effective' radius of 24". I have noticed this on the RTS layout...
  4. Diesel-Electric

    What brand makes the best turnouts?

    Turn-out's effective radius Hello there, I was wanting to start a new thread asking this question, but I thought why clutter the place when there is a thread currently going on about turn-outs. The question is somewhat of-topic, but its about turn-outs anyway. Some turn-outs come with a...
  5. Diesel-Electric

    Laying track..........

    Well, I was thinking of gluing it down and ballasting it by spraying water and putting drops of 1:1 mixture of glue and water on the ballast!:o Diesel-Electric
  6. Diesel-Electric

    Athearn GP38-2

    Yes ICG/SOU, seen the pictures of GP38-2s in the Athearn website, it seems that the detailing is really nice for the price (at least in the pictures). I'm not running DCC, and I have no intention to upgrade to DCC any time soon. Almost all the locomotives in my roster are standard DC and non...
  7. Diesel-Electric

    Laying track..........

    Thanks guys! I should mention that that the Styrofoam is placed on top solid wood. Anyhow, I'll take your advice and lay cork roadbed and then lay the track on it! Thanks again:)! Diesel-Electric
  8. Diesel-Electric

    Laying track..........

    Hello Rotorranch, Yep it sure is! But I do have a space problem, I have about 4'6"x8' to work with , with the layout being against a wall on one side. It is 6' long as to leave little space on either side to squeeze into for maintenance and taking care of derailments. It would have been...
  9. Diesel-Electric

    Athearn GP38-2

    It is the newer RTR in the blue & yellow box models (Getting it brand-new). I'm generally very reluctant generally to pull apart a HO scale locomotive. So are the newer Athearn RTR GP38-2 good to go out of the box? Thanks again in advance! Also, thanks for the reply! Diesel-Electric.
  10. Diesel-Electric

    Athearn GP38-2

    Hello there, One of the items I'm getting for my new layout is a HO scale Athearn GP38-2. I have been reading around about the Athearn GP38-2 (and other Athearn diesels in general): there are modelers who seem to love these and also a group saying it's good as long as one "tunes" it up before...
  11. Diesel-Electric

    Laying track..........

    Hello there, I'm getting ready to build a layout on a custom made 4'4"x6" table. It will be a simple oval with one spur (maybe two in future) and I will be using Atlas Code 83 sectional track (NS). The base is Styrofoam. Since the track I'm using is sectional track with no roadbed, would it...
  12. Diesel-Electric

    Hello from Sri Lanka

    Thank You bn-1000:)!
  13. Diesel-Electric

    Hello from Sri Lanka

    Hello there! Thanks guys:)! I too look forward to posting more in time to come in this forum. Well PaulB, we have some fantastic food here! But I must say I do enjoy KFC, McDonald, and Pizza hut from time to time. In answering Your questions: I was born and bred in Sri Lanka, lived here all...
  14. Diesel-Electric

    Hello from Sri Lanka

    Hello there! Hello from me to all at Model Railroad Forum:)! As title mention, I'm from Sri-Lanka, I model American prototype in HO scale. Currently getting ready to build a 4'4''x6' layout. It will be a generic branch line, single track, based on what I've seen from pictures of American...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top