Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    HAHA Youre welcome! Its looking good Johnny, your tracks look to be filling up nicely. I like the Woodland Scenics Cat you have, I have a few Im working on for my show. Im looking forward to the finished product on those elephant cars, I never considered shaving and replacing the irons until...
  2. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Hows the winter quarters coming along Johnny?
  3. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Thought I would post up a couple of links from the broadcast of one of the local news morning shows at the Model Railroad Museum. They had their Circus Week last week in anticipation of RBBB coming to town... MRM Part 1 MRM Part 2 Heres another story I found that some might enjoy, be...
  4. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Things seem to be coming together well! I really like your design on the observation car. Nice photos from the museum, I hope to make it out there for a visit some day. This last photo you posted is cool, if I didnt know it was a model I would be convince it was a full scale operation, your...
  5. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Wow, things are coming together well, you do great work Johnny! Cant wait to see the yard full of cars on winter break. I really like the look of the overgrown track next to the car sheds. Looking forward to seeing the future progress. Progress on my train is moving right along. Finished...
  6. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Hey Johnny, have any updates for us followers? Looks like it is coming together well!
  7. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    I just happened to come across a couple of manufacturers of what you are looking for. One of them I believe is the maker of the ones on ebay and the other look similar. http://modeltechstudios.com/www.modeltechstudios.com-6.aspx http://rahmodels.com/major_rides.htm Hope this helps. Now...
  8. eric2448

    Will a clear coat solve my problem?

    Thanks for all the reply's! I have used the color Soo Red with much success at the same time I was using the silver. The silver did feel gummy for quite a while after. The finish looked great, but would rub off in my hands when I would handle the cars. I bought another bottle last week, Im going...
  9. eric2448

    Will a clear coat solve my problem?

    A few months ago I asked a question about paint not drying correctly. I'm using Floquil Silver Enamel through a dual action airbrush. The paint has been on the cars for months and I was just able to strip them clean with 91% alcohol. I normally have to use Super Clean to get the enamels off but...
  10. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Looks great Johnny, have fun with the ballast!
  11. eric2448

    BLI USRA Light Mikado-whats the hold up?!

    Ive had my Heavy Mikado for quite a while now and it looks like they released the Lights ate the same time in Aug last year. They also have a second run releasing in June. Here is their delivery schedule: http://www.broadway-limited.com/schedule.aspx
  12. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Lookin good Johnny! The map of the Ringling Winter Quarters a few posts up, is that the same location where they shot the beginning of The Greatest Show On Earth?
  13. eric2448

    Steam era Heavyweight Pullman cars

    I can attest to the 28" radius of the Walthers cars. I ran 5 of them around my Christmas tree this past year on 28" radius e-z track with no issues whatsoever. They are a good choice if you have 28"+ curves.
  14. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    HAHA I would have felt dumb if I tried to strip down one of the Great Circus Train flats. One of the old cars I have is missing its grab iron steps and after looking at it I realized the plastic was the same color as the car. Thats cool that they did that and it looks like, when done correctly...
  15. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Heres their website: http://www.sparklingstarmodels.com/HO-Railroad-Cars/products/14/ The kits are a little over priced in my opinion, but it seems like their operation and market they serve is small. I spent a few hours trying to strip a couple of Walthers flats of their paint, so to me...
  16. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Yes, I plan on attempting to paint the red stripes at the bottom of the stocks. I found a nice set of brushes I think will do the trick, I just have to tell myself to be patient for a better result. I read once that Sparkling models had nice wagon kits. Im using their HO scale rail cars. I...
  17. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    I wouldnt say that Im sticking to any particular year. Im just picking elements I like and putting them together. I like the look of heavyweight cars so thats where it all started. I got a good deal on a string of the newer super detailed Walthers RTR Heavywieghts (now out of production) and...
  18. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    This thread is great! This has given me tons of ideas on what to make of the train Im working on, Thanks Johnny! And I never knew there was such a color war re: Ringling Red. I used Soo Line Red on my coaches, Im not going for 100% historically detailed and accurate, just having fun with what I...
  19. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Hi Johnny, You mentioned Ringling Red. As I am close to the painting phase with my project, is this just a standard red or is there a specific color and/or brand you use that is a better match with the original red used on Ringling equipment? Thanks!
  20. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Looks great, thanks for sharing the build photos. I look forward to watching this thread!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top