Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Heres an update for all you circus thread followers, not the best of pictures, but Im making some progress with my flats. The decals Matt made look and work great! Anything new with you Johnny?
  2. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    The show yesterday was good. Some neat layouts that dont normally come to the annual train show. It was good to see a strong crowd in Southern California on a weekend. I was a little bummed that I came home empty handed. The guy who always has some of the Walthers equipment didnt really have...
  3. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    The new decals look great on the Centennial and Im looking forward to seeing whats next with your Ringling train. I just finished up a second coat on all but 2 of my flats and stocks. Silver is a tricky color. It came out ok, a little grainy due to the primer but it gives it a good look that I...
  4. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Nice work as usual Johnny. I like the silver under frame and trucks on the coaches, gives them some pop.
  5. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Here is a list I have compiled based on what other forum members posted in a previous thread: Walthers Great Circus Train Accessories 933-1360 Trunk Wagon 933-1361 Generator/Light Plant 933-1362 Canvas Wagon 933-1363 Ticket Wagon 933-1364 Chair Wagon 933-1365 Plank/Jack...
  6. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Those are turning out really nice Johnny!
  7. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    As a matter of fact, Matt is the one who did the decals. They look great!
  8. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Wow, that must have taken some patience. I dont think I even have a thin enough micro file to attempt that with. I really like the look of what youre doing, it gives a modern look to those old style cars. Hope your grandson can appreciate your hard work. What are your plans for the flats and...
  9. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Those stock cars look great Johnny! How did you go about widening the slats?
  10. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you in this thread! Heres to hoping I finish my long overdue projects in 2013! My flat and stock car decals should be arriving soon... now Im out of excuses...
  11. eric2448

    Do you have to use primer paint?

    Ive been using the dollar spray primer from wally world. Its been working well for me. Its not as thick as I imagined it being. The details look great after one coat and thats all Ive really needed. The car Im painting was orange and it will end up being silver.
  12. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Thanks for the advice gents, I may try 0-80 x 1/8 screws, but still looking into some options. That stock car looks awesome Johnny! If I could only convince myself that I could produce such an excellent result... I especially like the eyes along the side, thats one detail I havent seen too...
  13. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Heres a question I have for you Johnny or maybe someone else on the thread may know, I want to convert the coupler boxes from the press fit to a screw on. Im planning on sanding off all the nubs on the plates and drilling and tapping holes for screws but I have no idea what size tap and screw I...
  14. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Looks great Johnny! I could see that shade of blue on a show train... what happened to the American Circus Heavyweight rendering you posted a while back? Nice to see so many active posters on this thread!
  15. eric2448

    Bachmann EZ Command DCC

    Ill add my .02... I was in your shoes not too long ago. I watched all the Bachmann videos thinking how cool and simple the EZ Command system seemed. After reading some reviews and further research I sprung for the NCE PowerCab and have no regrets. The selling points for me with the NCE system...
  16. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Glad to hear you are recovering, nice work with those elephant cars!
  17. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Wow, hope you have a speedy recovery Johnny!
  18. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Thanks Johnny, I got a couple of more kits put together last night and built a few more sets of couplers too. I finally got a hold of a stake driver kit, should arrive today I believe. Are these RAS cars the beginning of your new train? How did your latest project for that customer turn out?
  19. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    Update Heres a small update on my modeling. Almost everything is ready for a base coat. Have a few unbuilt wagon kits still in boxes waiting for sanding/assembly as well as a couple of run kits and tractors. 10 flats, 2 elephant, 2 stock, and a number of wagons, plus 10 Pullmans waiting for...
  20. eric2448

    Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

    How are the projects coming Johnny? I just finished the first coat of primer on my recently acquired flats and stocks. Im sitting at 4 stocks, 10 flats and 10 coaches all waiting for the paint shop. Im looking at adding another stock and 5 flats to round out the train sometime in the future. How...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top