ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
P
We got the container delieverd yesterday. It took all afternoon to get the thing up the hill and swung around and set close to the postion it needed to be in. This afternoon my son and a friend came up and we slid it to it's final place. It moved fairly easy on some 6x6 timbers and a push from...
-
P
Hey Rex I didn't know that you took med courses. It's nice to know the real medical terms for the body parts. I hope that you heal quick. I know how it is to be laid up.
We got the washout spread on the pad and it helped a bunch. We'll order the container tomorrow and if it doesn't rain we...
-
P
I did a section of my main line with metal polish a couple of months ago and it is still bright and no dirt collection. I've heard that a very light application of clipper oil will help but haven't tried it.
-
P
It is a slow night here. I'll just have a quick cup of decafe and head out.
We hauled about 7 yds of washout from the concrete plant. tomorrow We'll spread it on the pad for the storage container. I hope that it will dry out and stablize it enough to have the container brought in. We also...
-
P
Those checks and balances mean something all right. More checks so they can balance their check books. We have the same problem here in Texas. That and the Gov fighting with everyone.
Nothing new since this morning. It was very humid today. I mean fish swimming by the window humid. Well maybe...
-
P
Morning Gang: I'm dog sitting this morning. Mary Ann is off doing the laundry. I've got a DVD of the Iron Range playing. Lots of ideas there. My back is really aching from the last two days on that tractor. I'm getting too old for that kind of stuff.
I'll drop in tonight.
Take care.
-
P
Hi Gang: Well the place looks pretty good. I guess we will get used to the paint.
KenL: When you get back drop me a line and tell me what you did to the crane.
Steve that is a Menck unit if it's was by Kibri. It's still in the Walthers catalogue. I've thought about getting one. They also...
-
P
Hi Gang:
Steve: What is the make of that crane? It looks real good. Also where did the clam bucket come from? Nice job on the weathering also.
Speaking of construction I spent the day helping my son and a friend repair roads out at his ranch. We had three tractors working and barely made a...
-
P
Evening Gang: Just a quick stop in. We didn't get to bed untill 2am this morning. We had to pick up our son and his wife at the airport. They have been up at Kodiak Alaska for a couple of weeks.
I'm headed for bed right now. So I'll say Good Night.
-
P
Steve have you heard about the Historical Construction Equipment Assciation? I've been a member for several years. They have a magazine that comes out every 4 months and the dues are $30. I got a 5 tape set of videos from them about the Bucyrus Erie equipment. They are very interesting.
Not...
-
P
Steve that's a great shot of how not to load a truck.
Ken Any of the big shovels could have lifted that. A Bucyrus-Erie 395 has up to a 24 cu yd bucket. No sweat for a shovel like that.
More rain here. Now every time it even drissels it floods.
Time for bed.
Good Night All
-
P
How about a 1950s era mining truck. Euclid, International, or Mack. All of the trucks available now are too modern. I'd also like a mining shovel from the 1946 to 1950 era. Ertal has a great model of a P&H shovel but it again is modern.
-
P
Steve, it's too bad you don't have a shot of them when they figured out what they had done. Thimk Ahead.
-
P
Rex: My condolances to your wife and her friends family. It's tough to loose a friend like that.
It's raining here again. We have gotten 2.5 inches today and it's still coming down.The same areas that flooded a couple of weeks ago are getting it again. When a drought ends here it realy ends...
-
P
Evening Gang: The hay is all moved to the edges of the fields ao the grass can grow. Working with two tractors really speeded things up. Of course having me try ing to beat Mary Ann in hauling didn't hirt. Now to haul it to the hay lot. That's always funn as we have to cross the UP tracks and...
-
P
Evening Gang. Not much going on here. I fixed the vacumn cleaner. It needed new filters and a belt. The system was clogged with cat hair. The cat is no longer with us so it may last this time.
I bought 3 flat cars and 2 gondolas Sunday. They only cost $1000 a real bargin. Oh, did I mention...
-
P
Fergie just bale it and send it south. We can never have enough hay. We have to mow the uard again. So far we've mowed mor then all last year. The cows are happy though. I went over to the creek to check the crossing. I won't have to clean it again so that is nice. Of course we are still...
-
P
Evening Gang: Tonight Mary Ann and I went to the premier showing of Six Flags Over Texas's new show Coobrila. It was very good. We had received a VIP invite so they gave us a superb dinner before the show. We had a great time and all free.
Nick: My son ordered some more rail from Cannonball...
-
P
Fergie: When you open your hobby shop will you give us a discount?
Chip: Really. You could have moved over a bit so we could get a better view of the tower. Fortunately Mary Ann wasn't looking over my shoulder. That could have hurt.
-
P
Congratulations Ray: Now you can start spoiling her and not have to suffer the consequences.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)