Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Athearn Maxi II running tips

    I had the same problems with my 4 sets as well. I asked another guy in my club what he did to they won't lean ( outside wheeel was actually picking up off rail) Said he actually enlarged the pin holes in between the cars themself. I think I used a .110 drill. Worked they did stop leaning. I also...
  2. D

    soldering brass

    here is what I plan on using.. a small break press http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=82817 how ever my local Harbor Freight store has one thats about $15 cheaper
  3. D

    soldering brass

    Thanks for the info, gonna use either CA or 5 minute exopy. I'll have to look for Trident, thanks alot for the heads up. My soldering experince is mostly hard wiring my loco's and decoders. what did you use to form your parts? I seen at my local harbor frieght store have a small press for...
  4. D

    soldering brass

    Sorry, planning on making a military train with M1's, Bradleys, Hummers, trucks, HEMITT's... Just gotta start looking on ebay and train shows for these since ROCO is no longer in Walthers catalog.
  5. D

    soldering brass

    REcently bought 10 Andersley's DOD flat cars. I have never build a brass kit before. And recommendations or advice from anyone? what kinda solder to you use? soldering iron? Any help will be grateful Thank you Doug
  6. D

    QSI vs BLi Blue Line

    Arek My friend and I ordered 2 BLI Blue Line SD40-2's. I have not heard the sound yet personnally, but my friend has. QSI has 2 speakers Blue Line only has one from what he told me. this comes from page 9 in Operators Manual: Omce you have installed a DCC decoder, it will control the...
  7. D

    Is this the right decoder?

    most of the p2k loco's i have done are GP38-2's, SD45's, SD50's, and SD60's. On all those the wired are held on by black clips to a plug that itself plugs into board. With NCE's P2KSR you unplug that from the board, take out 2 screws and plug that plug into new board.. Hard to explain without...
  8. D

    dcc directional prob

    cv 120 controls forward light, default is 1 cv 121 controls reverse light, default is 2 to switch lighting just change cv 120 to 2 and cv 121 to 1, done same thing myself many times, also to change engine travel I change cv 29to 39 works for me
  9. D

    Is this the right decoder?

    I have decoded quite a few p2K loco's( my fav actually) you might wanna try using a P2KSR. replaces the circuit board proto has in loco.. you also need to change the light bulbs in engine, you'll blow the bulbs. Lights someone at club should be able to tell you. Also on botton of decoder add...
  10. D

    Proto trucks

    Painting a Proto 2000 SD60M in BN 1991 Desert Storm. I ned to paint the truck side frames blue. How do I remove the side frames from the trucks so I can paint them. doug
  11. D

    DCC or not DCC that is the question

    just my 2 cents..... have you considered that now instead of just electic voltage going though the rails that now you will be sending a digital signal to the loco... not sure how an outdoor layout would work with DCC but I'd think that you'd be cleaning the track alot.. at least i think you...
  12. D

    HELP... I need somebody...

    Say your looking for ann interior for a C44?..... I recently chopped cab off of a Kato unit to make it a C44-9WL CAnadian wide cab.... If you want the kato cab and interior.. Its yours....Drop me an email if you want it Doug
  13. D

    Modern Fallen Flag Modelling

    I'd paint some SD-70's In a modern Wisconsin Central and also Milwaukee Road
  14. D

    Chassis Milling?

    Josh, I gotta think that there is a machine shop near you or a tech school with a machine tool program. Depending on how much you need milled off. they just might do it for next to nothing. Used to work in a machine shop, I would do it on my own time if I still did. Doug
  15. D

    Custom Finishing Trackmobile?

    here is a link to website that i found the track mobiles on Due out this fall http://www.factorydirecttrains.com/+-FDT-s-Trackmobile,-HO-c3371.html
  16. D

    Custom Finishing Trackmobile?

    few months ago in Model Railroader I saw a company was coming out with a track mobile. Both Dc and DCC. As I recall DCC was about $90. I'll look for it, and let you know who is making it. Many different road names too i think
  17. D

    Another DCC NuBee Question: Speed Matching

    train speedometer Last January my model railroad club purchased train speed. here is a link to site you can buy it from. http://greenwayproducts.com/buy_speedometer.shtml I try to get my engine to creep alone at around 3 on my throttle I set my midrange so engine travels at 35mph at 50%...
  18. D

    Genesis SD45-2

    I was wondering if anyone else has one of these engines with sound. I can get it to work on my friends DC layout, sounded great too, but on DCC I can't get it to do anything, Anyone else have this problem? AM I doing something wrong it is suppose to have a dual mode decoder Thank you Doug
  19. D

    Andersley Kits NTTX Spine Car

    Do you know how much about those 6 axle DODX Flats will cost?
  20. D

    Anyone Own A Tower 55 Loco?

    I have the six UP heritage engines on order for past year




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top