Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    BNSF SD40-2 decals

    I dont even know if anyone has ever done those with there sets, that bites!
  2. R

    BNSF SD40-2 decals

    Not a problem, I attempted to check the microscale website to find a match, though without much luck.
  3. R

    BNSF SD40-2 decals

    http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=92199 This is the model Im currently been detailing out. My question is, can anybody recognize the 2 decals, 1 on the stepwell, and 1 underneath the brakewheel? Ive havent come up with anything, just trying to find a match so I can finish this...
  4. R

    ATSF antenna stands

    Sweet, thanks UP! I was leaning towards that, get told so many different ways, the only other question is I would like to use brass wire for the legs, but unsure the best routing of securing the plate, thought bout drilling holes through the styrene, sliding the wire into the holes, hopefully...
  5. R

    ATSF antenna stands

    I guess to better describe it, the antenna "plates" that are located usually behind the A/C units on the ATSF locos. Mostly looking at doing the larger plates that hold the bigger sinclair antennas. But, just never built them before from scratch. DW part #s are AS-222 and SF-223 and AS-352 to...
  6. R

    ATSF antenna stands

    Whats up everyone! Got a questions for ya. I've been looking to make some of the larger antenna stands. I know DW and other manufacturers have made them, but, I would like to make my own out of wire and styrene. The question is, what thickness of styrene to use, and the best way to make the legs...
  7. R

    UB unit spotted!

    Ebay is a great place to find some of these. Thats where I got my Utah Belt LBF hoppers, and also got an Ohio Southern hopper from accurate finishing that was a special run sometime ago. Im still looking to get or custom decal some more hoppers for the UB to make a good size coal train...
  8. R

    UB unit spotted!

    Ya know, it would be awesome if Athearn would do some special runs of of these famous layouts. Such as when they did the MR&T units and cars, do some UB SD's and GP's and even railcars. Other model railroads like the V&O, AM, Ohio Southern, even the MK&Q. We all admire these guys, look up to...
  9. R

    UB unit spotted!

    sweet Josh! That unit would go great with my 3 sets of UB LBF bethgon hoppers!!!
  10. R

    Resurrecting an Atlas GP38

    Wow, that looks familiar!!! Looking good!!!!
  11. R

    Intermountain coupler boxes

    Hey everyone, got 1 for ya. I recently picked up 5 Intermountain 19,600 gallon tank cars at an awesome price. Well, 1 of them had a coupler that angled badly. I took it apart, and it appears to be an accumate type coupler. Anywho, id like to switch over to Kadee's, the #5 is too wide for there...
  12. R

    LBF HO coalporters

    Hey everyone, quick question. I picked up 18 of the LBF coalporters lettered for the Eric Brooman's Utah Belt when they came out with the privitization series, and got a great deal on them!!! Anyways, Ive noticed that some of the coupler pockets on a couple of the cars have " blown out " the...
  13. R

    atlas bodyshell paint removal

    has anyone attempted removing paint from an atlas bodyshell, if so what did ya soak it in?? Im use to the athearn shells you can soak in brake fluid. So, any help would be appreciated, THANKS!!!!
  14. R

    GP40X needs TLC

    There is a kodachrome SP on there, but, your right, Ill just have to keep watching!
  15. R

    GP40X needs TLC

    Thanks! Just been in contact with Athearn, we will see what happens! It's irritating, but what can ya do?! At least I got extra parts and a good frame!
  16. R

    GP40X needs TLC

    I picked up an Athearn RTR BNSF GP40X #3035 off of ebay about 1 month go. It had some minor issues with it such as loose fuel tank, and a couple of the sideframes need replacement. But, not described was a small dent, looks like from heat, about the width of a BIC pen to the engineers side...
  17. R

    speed recorders

    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=727014 check out this link. Does anyone have an idea who makes a speed recorder like this? Ive checked DW and DA, w/o luck. I may have passed it up, who knows?!?!!? Anywho, any info would help a bunch!!! Thanks crew!!!
  18. R

    printing your own decals

    Thanks Larry, I hope to do some practice runs next week with my printer. Im currently busy trying to finish a pair of KCS SD50's, but till then, Thanks everyone for the info!!!!!
  19. R

    printing your own decals

    Thanks a bunch guys, this has been a project I have been toying with for sometime. It gets irritating sometimes when you purchase decals, and even though they're printed very well, they are sized differently. So, in short, thanks again and hopefully I can start making some posts of some of the...
  20. R

    printing your own decals

    Has anyone ever attempted to print your own decals? I currently have a Dell inkjet type printer, 1 of the upper line models. Ive been wanting to attempt to print my own numbers for some BN engines and would love to have a single set to apply versus the " cut each single number and hope they are...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top