Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    Train Collection buyers

    So, the max they offered was $450 this is for 12 engines, 30 box cars, 10 flat cars, 8 tank cars, 15 gondolas, 20 covered hoppers, about 100 pieces of ez track, and three walther built ups. Had to tell em no go. All engines have dcc, 90%or my cars have loads, and almost all are in...
  2. K

    Train Collection buyers

    Adding some stuff to the "buy" forum........ Got an estimate from a guy who buys collections........ extreme lowballing ...
  3. K

    Train Collection buyers

    I've got to sell most of my HO scale stuff. I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with the companies in the back of the "model railroader" magazine that buy whole collections? I'm trying to see if they're worth my time. Going to be selling about 100 freight cars and 15 engines. I figure ebay...
  4. K

    Why you don't climb trains.

    WOW! Never knew what hit him........
  5. K

    Need ideas

    Got it together, wood wise. Looks a little bigger then it did on paper. Debating on going with a 4x8 w/2'x6' staging/fiddle yard. Got to thinking i need something more moveable and also 4'x14' is a lot for a first layout. I'll have to see how it goes. I want something very detailed and 4'x8'...
  6. K

    Need ideas

    Decided on a 4 x 14 dogbone style(left a little room for curtains on the window). Going to try and work a small yard in like i tried to draw above. Got it all put together, wood wise, just got called to work, so i'll mess with track tomorrow.
  7. K

    Need ideas

    Either the dogbone type, of i have premission to do a 4'x10' with wheels so i can get to the back of it. not sure which would be better
  8. K

    Need ideas

    Was thinking, small yard to left about tv/entertainment center, track splitting off and going up to the right side to maybe an industry or two. Hiding a helix with the track going up and still allowing a loop. The red would be the main with 22" curves. Everything else would be 18" for a...
  9. K

    Need ideas

    Just got to thinking about a helix. Thinking about adding 4' to left side for a yard. Working on pic. thinking of putting a yard on top of an old entertainment center under the left side and using top for a yard. to kill two birds with one stone, have the tv for the children(me included) and...
  10. K

    Need ideas

    I'm halfway trying to figure out how i could have the layout split into two layouts. One being just a loop for class one freights to run on and the second being a shortline using 18" curves. Making the shortline a little higher up then the class I main. hmmmm time to start doing some pencil...
  11. K

    Need ideas

    The floor space isn't much of an issue. Planning on building about 48" off the floor(possibly higher, might put and old entertainment center under it to hold a tv). My biggest issue is staging, either under the layout or on the lower left level with the layout. I'd rather have it hidden, but...
  12. K

    Need ideas

    It doesn't get used for now, but gf( you know how they are) wants to use it this xmas, so she's wanting me to try to stick with the 4x4 turnarounds. I could go 24" curves with a little 6" add on to the 4'. I' got the loop layed out on the floor and it doesn't leave much room. Now i'm for sure...
  13. K

    Need ideas

    Forgot to mention. Planning on using either 22" or 24" curves. Being that I work for kcs I also have the KCS 1-2-3 with a few business cars i'd like to be able to run. Working for the railroad makes me want to have a huge yard like i see daily, but i know it's a model and i need to have room for...
  14. K

    Need ideas

    I'm planning to build a new layout(HO scale) in my extra room i just kicked someone out of. Room is 15' x 15', with french doors lining one wall and a fireplace on another. I'm planning on a 15'x2' layout with 4'x4' ends for turnarounds. I guess sortof like a semi-dogbone. I'm debating on...
  15. K

    Anyone read

    That's what i figured. I'd learned more on here in a few weeks than i have anywhere. Just thought i'd ask since it keeps coming up. Time for new pop-up blocker.
  16. K

    Anyone read

    The complete beginners guide to model trains. http://beginnersguidetomodeltrains.com/?hop=lemai Anyone read it or know if it's worth the money. thanks
  17. K

    GE small transformer division

    Nice looking building. I like the lower track and the close clearance...
  18. K

    Our Family Layout

    Thinking of doing a layout sortof like yours. What size are the two sides? And what turn radius are you using? thanks
  19. K

    Tangent Scale Models ?

    Not bad after looking at there site. Not sure about the 469.00 for a 12 pack..... might have to wait till i retire for that much dedication.
  20. K

    Tangent Scale Models ?

    http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Tangent_Scale_Models_HO_PS_2CD_4000_ACL_p/tsm-10510-06.htm Sorry if this has been in another thread. I'm still new to the hobby, but i've never heard of Tangent Scale Models. Was wondering why they cost more than other brands.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top