Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. O

    stranded in Iowa

    I might be of a little help depending on where your going. Just let me know when you going to be in the area.
  2. O

    Workin on the Railroad (what did you do this week?)

    This week I got my rolling stock that I bought from ebay in the mail. They are late 1970's 100T 3 bay hoppers by Bethlehem and are a perfect match for the proto railroad I am going to start building soon. And of course, I couldn't just sit there and look at them, I had to hook them up to my...
  3. O

    Reintroduction

    Welcome back to the forum Mike! I'm glad to see that there are other fellow train enthusiasts in the military, and people that have been subjected to FLW and it's oh so nice winter months as well. :p Brad
  4. O

    Mid 1990's BN Hoppers

    Thank you so much kjd, that was more than just helpful! I would have never guessed that those black Bethgon's with green stripes weren't a much larger portion of their stock, it seemed like they were the majority of cars that came through these parts during that time frame! I was able to find a...
  5. O

    Addicted in Iowa

    I think that most of the fun (at least initially) is going to come from acquiring each piece. At the moment she and I live in a 2BR apartment, so my build space is limited to our spare bedroom/study. Probably what I am going to have to do is start off with a simple 4x8 layout that I can...
  6. O

    Mid 1990's BN Hoppers

    Can anybody tell me what model of coal hoppers that Burlington Northern used in the mid-1990's? Thanks!
  7. O

    stranded in Iowa

    It's nice to see fellow Iowans on this board! I hail from the little town of Osceola, where I35 and Highway 34 & 69 intersect right next to the BNSF and the Amtrack California Zephyr line.
  8. O

    Addicted in Iowa

    I've lived nearly my whole life next to a BN coal line. As a kid, my brother and I would watch those green SD40 and 45's pass by and count how many cars they would carry. After being away for a few years with army I moved back to the area and have found a soon-to-be wife who encourages me...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top