Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    SD60F project

    Jim, Thanks for the advise. And thanks to everyone else as well
  2. D

    SD60F project

    Tomorrow I am planning on taking the pludge to drill out and file for my lighted number boards. then I can start adding all the small detail.
  3. D

    SD60F project

    I bought the shell back in Jan 07... I have spent alot of time just thinking of what and how to do this...All I know is that when this one is done, my next SD60F will be a breeze. You know with that BLI SD40, you might consider a SD40-2F instead
  4. D

    SD60F project

    please tell me your thoughs on it? Next I wanna fix the holes iin pilot for coupler boxes and plan on installing lighted number boards. Then I can start adding the fine detail. Orderd to micro LED's from my LHS to use in ditch lights also.
  5. D

    Kaslo shell, overland mechanism

    added updated pics on another post i started about my SD60 go to "showing off" look under Sd60 project
  6. D

    SD60F project

    Ok now seems like I need to get my butt in gear on this project As you can see from older pics I had a 3/16 groove milled on side of the weight where there used to be a half round groove before. After filing down thickness of 3/16 styrene strip so it would slide easier in groove. I drilled...
  7. D

    Modeltrainsweathered changing

    I joined about year and half ago. I went there a few times. asked a few questions about weathering and all I got in response were start ass answers in return... I won't pay. guys were a bunch of stuck up snobs and rivit counters in my opinion
  8. D

    Bathtub gons

    My father used to drive dump truck. dump box was aluminum and he wasn't able to haul rock as it would dent and possibly puncture the side. So I would have to say i doubt they will ever get into hauling scrap
  9. D

    SD60F project

    Last night I finally was able to get the proto 2000 chassis along with the weight to fit into Kaslo's SD60F shell. Had to make a few mods to both, but nothing to hard, some minor milling is all. Hopefully more to come soon. Just saw that front isn't all the way down when I took picture.
  10. D

    Kaslo shell, overland mechanism

    Sorry it took me long to get back as I took a break from working on my SD60F for awhile. As you can see in the picture i had the top of the steel wieght milled down. I was trying to grind down front of weight to but after getting frustrated I just decided to cut the front off completely. I...
  11. D

    UP 3300 United Way

    can some one tell me if this loco is a snoot nose or not? Have decals for it and wanna paint one up. From photos I have found online looks like it may be. What size snoot nose too? 123" 116"
  12. D

    Kaslo shell, overland mechanism

    I am in the processs of making myself a SD60F. I orginally was going to do the same as you are. Use a Overland chassis with a Kaslo Shell... but after i got the chassis I realized that I didn't really like the power pick up. I am now gonna use a Proto SD60 chassis. Gonna have to do some...
  13. D

    Painting SOO Line

    Have you though of using the decal sheet to make yourself a template instead of masking?
  14. D

    Fake rust

    what is gouache? and where can I find it?
  15. D

    Drilling Question

    Pin vises When you get a pin vise, Do yourself a favor and stay away from any in Walters catalogs. Few I got from there are all junk. Would not tighten on a #80 drill bit. I ended up going to local industrial supply store and buying a set of tool and die makers pin vises, little bit more...
  16. D

    KATO AC4400's/ Hard wiring needed...

    No. no need to hardwire
  17. D

    A one off custom B unit

    That looks cool between the other 2 engines. How are you gonna paint it? Somehow continue the blue wave on top to match the other 2 possibly?
  18. D

    A one off custom B unit

    Steve, Thats gonna look cool when done, can't wait to see it. Instead of green putty have you ever thought of using CA? Thats what I do. Add Gap filling CA, then I add a few drops of Accelerator for CA. after a few minutes you can sand it down. In my opinion its stronger then green putty...
  19. D

    Weathering Diesels

    Jerome.. I have a bottle of it now. I used it lastnight but didn't seal it yet. after I posted this I was at lhs lady there told me to try Fixatif by Krylon. Won't turn out spotty like dulecote does. Thanks Paul i'll try that also Doug
  20. D

    Weathering Diesels

    Engines look great.... I am attemping weather cars first. I have used AIM Powders along with chalk. what do you use to seal after you apply the chalk? Have tried to use Testors Dullcote, but after it dries it looks all spotty. Thank you Doug




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top