Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    Another newb who should know better

    Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely will check out the DCC. I go back to Cleveland at least once every 2 years. All of my family is still there. Grew up in North Olmsted and Avon Lake. My mom and family all still live in Avon Lake or surrounding areas. My brother is the only other one...
  2. A

    Another newb who should know better

    Yeah, no joke. A lot of my family has been hit hard by the move of industry out of that area. I really wish that area was flourishing though. I would be back there in a heart beat.
  3. A

    Another newb who should know better

    That's awesome. Yeah, the rail system in Cleveland is just amazing. I loved going around those industrial areas as a kid and seeing the network of rails that weaved throughout the city. Are you incorporating the "Flats" area (the Cuyahoga River base)? It's now a party destination... clubs...
  4. A

    Another newb who should know better

    I wondering how difficult the polarity issues might be. I really wanted to be able to reverse the loop so as to make the track more versatile for "railfanning." (never heard that term before, but I like it :) ) The plan was to have the back 4' or so of rail be about 3" off of the flat base. I...
  5. A

    Another newb who should know better

    But I don't. I am thinking about venturing into the deep dark abyss of lost time, money, and sanity, also known as the world of Model Railroading. When I was a young lad I used to have a brief obsession with this hobby. My grandfather got me interested. He had enough O, HO, and N scale...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top