Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    What kind of Glue to use

    Here is the model. http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=1242&aid=7798&lid=2244742#topoflot
  2. W

    What kind of Glue to use

    Hello all. I am new to this hobby and juts getting my feet wet. To help me decide if HO scale will work for my needs I purchased a NIB Athearn 4964 C44-9W Dummy CNW N0-8651 From a Model Railroader in Union Illinois. He used to be open to the public but now he is closed but was kind...
  3. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    There is alot to take in with this hobby. I don't mind research and all but I honestly did not think there were this many choices out there. Thanks Mike
  4. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    What are your thoughts on Lionel? Are they still at the top of the game or no? I do not think I can justify brass at this time in my life. But I am thinking if I spend around 200 on a engine with dcc and on board sound and LED lighting, I should have a good engine for life :) Thanks...
  5. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    Thank you everyone for your posts. I would like to touch on brass for a second. What are the major benefits? Just weight or quality. It may not be out of the ballpark depending on cost. Does brass hold alot of detail as well? Thanks
  6. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    Thanks for the response. Great info and has helped point me in the right direction. I will be making a trip to a local train hobby shop next week. Here is one question I forgot to ask. Is HO the real standard these days? How are the turns and space needed for turns compared to N which I...
  7. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    Sorry forgot to mention, I have some model experience. My Dad had a 1950's post war Lionel x-mas tree train set.
  8. W

    New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

    Hello all. Long story short, I am a Railfan and have always had the urge to start collecting model railroad engines. I have many hobbies. More than I need if you ask some. I am selling off a pen collection and possibly some ham radios to start a working collection of HO Engines and some...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top