ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
L
We have a diatomaceous earth mine and mill in our area, it's a gray color. Has any one ever looked at that? That stuff is free here in our area. And is the right size and color. All it takes is a bucket or take a truck and they will load you up. Hey, maybe I should go into the ballast market.
-
L
a catch all
Crandell
I like that idea of a sort of catch-all. It could be lined with bubble wrap or foam and then mount it on an angle. I've also ordered my supper flex and regular flex and it should be here any day. After going to the York England museum and seeing the Mallard and the Royal...
-
L
photo
Very nice shot. Now how do you get it large enough to use as a backdrop? Being from the west coast and having never seen that area other than the airport, isn't there a lot of history concerning red mt. during the civil war?
-
L
Hi Jim
I got help with one area already. But another one I have is that I will have some tunnels that in one case will be about 3-4 foot long, so the only way I'll be able to trust the track integrity will be from the bottom and crawl underneath. I really don't want to cut into the top of the...
-
L
tree party
I would love to be there. You just can't get enough of stuff blowing up. It's just the commute from south central Oregon that would get me. But then it's three and a half hours to a freeway in any direction, and 100 miles to the nearest wally world, and I don't miss the any of it...
-
L
But my first thread was to solve a problem from happening on the layout I'm planning. The response was great. I'm a retired missile and explosive worker. But then I went back to work raising cattle and hay and that seemed more than I wanted to do so I sold most of the heard. During a visit to...
-
L
I'm working on an HO layout with two layers. In coming down from layer two to layer one on a 24" radius should the track be banked to the inside and if so, what angle? The grade will be about 2 1/2% to 3%. Also this will be my first time with DCC so is there some way that I can set up a sensor...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)