Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Looking for direction

    well, i did consider taking out the center of the structure. I guess I could look into that again. Or take out some between the towers and peaks. Thanks for the encouragement.
  2. R

    Looking for direction

    Change in plans: I worked out all the dimensions of the train station, and was ready to start a drawing, when I realized it's just too darn big for my space. It worked out to be 31" long. I thought about shortening the structure, but that kills the theme I had hoped for. So, it looks like I'll...
  3. R

    Looking for direction

    The only reason I am willing to attempt it is because I have some model building experience, and I am a trained draftsman. I like to take a structure, determine the measurements, and draft a scale drawing of it. I'm old-school, too. None of that fancy CAD stuff on my computer. I say this, as I...
  4. R

    No more "Extreme Trains"?

    Ya...everybody knows that it was Easy E that made the Impala famous when he sang "Cruising down the street in my six-fo..." and that was before Snoop even came on the scene :D
  5. R

    Looking for direction

    I'm so new to both that I had to look up the word railfanning
  6. R

    Looking for direction

    I have changed my plan just a bit. I will be leaving the platform two feet off the back wall to allow for a walkway around the layout. I am still going with a 12' X 4' X 12' "L," but I am adding a additional 8' X 4' piece 90* on one end. It will basically be a three-sided square, if that makes...
  7. R

    Another newb

    I may end up moving away from the wall about two feet so I can walk around. That would solve the problem. I have at least 600 square feet to work with downstairs. I am going to start off by scratch building our train station. I'm not the most artistic person, and I have no idea how well I will...
  8. R

    Another newb

  9. R

    Another newb

    I really appreciate the advice, and I just went and read the guide. I hadn't read it, but I have read a few articles that are similar. You guys can relax, because I am in no hurry to get trains running. I am looking for a long term hobby that can keep me busy during the winter months. If it...
  10. R

    Another newb

    Another newbie checking in here. I was guided here by another member (Future) that I know from another site. I am just getting back into this and haven't played with trains since I was a kid. I am now medically retired, and bored to tears. I have thought about model railroading for years, and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top