Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Ugh, just received a response from Bachmann. They sell the complete truck with gears for $15 + S/H. Not sure if that is for 1 truck or the pair. Hoping they just sell the gears, but no luck so far.
  2. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    They are for a athearn GP7/9 that I'm detailing. Hopefully they are the right wheelsets! The website is a bit confusing on replacement parts.
  3. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    I too am waiting on an order from my LHS from NWSL(at least a month). Is it the same item? NWSL Blunt Axel Nickel Silver Wheelsets 53-371404
  4. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Hmm, for sure I'll give that a try, need to call them anyway to find parts, might as well ask!! Thanks
  5. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    From the parts diagram it appears the wheels pull apart and the axle should slide out, similar to certain athearns. I'm hoping not to have to pull the engine apart too much, anyone fix one of these before? Hoping the gear parts are easy to come by, will find out Monday when customer service...
  6. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Anyone know if parts are available to fix the cracked gears? If so, is it a fairly straightforward correction, similar to an athearn BB? thanks, jas
  7. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Looked into it already, spectrums cost $25, about as much as I paid for this!! If parts are available I think I'll try and screw it up more, err, fix it myself! :) I guess tis true, you get what you pay for...
  8. jasonelki

    Questions from a total noob...

    Looks good. Do did you use the 91%? Did you use an airbrush to apply the primer? If so, was it your first time using one?
  9. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Thanks, I thought this looked odd but the gears on both ends looked the same so I figured I'd ask! Or not...just received in the mail today, bought it on ebay from a seller with "no returns"! Uhg. Wonder how much the replacement gears are, assuming they are available, as I'll have to...
  10. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    I have never run across a loco with split gears, so I'm not sure if this qualifies or not. Just bought a bachmann spectrum 44 tonner and it runs a little rough, and I'm not sure if it is hesitating when the gear runs over the split area. The photos aren't the best, but I think it is easy...
  11. jasonelki

    Bachmann GP7...worth it?

    Go to Walthers and type in 176-4500. Is this what your looking for? Just picked one up from my LHS last week, seem to work pretty good :D
  12. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Looks good!! Those are neat, might have to add one to my locomotive saturated layout!!
  13. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    hmm, don't think I've ever seen one with a band drive. Anyone have a photo of one of these? Could an upgraded motor be installed? Any other comp besides athearn make the hustler? If so did they have similar drives?
  14. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Do the athearn hustlers run similar to their BB cousins?
  15. jasonelki

    Rerailers back to back to back - any problems?

    I still vote flex track. I installed a piece around a corner that was giving me grief, lots of derails, etc. I did not solder the track ends to the other pieces at all. I did exactly what a previous poster mentioned, just pushed nails into the cork to hold the track, and once you add ballast...
  16. jasonelki

    Rerailers back to back to back - any problems?

    x2, I'd go this route. I replaced some sectional track that was giving me issues with a couple pieces of flex and have had zero problems since. Plus a chunk or two of flex is probably cheaper than all those rerailers anyway, if your buying them. Just a thought.
  17. jasonelki

    broke out the airbrush today

    Quick question, do you end up using primer before painting your models? I've got an athearn that I stripped the paint off and am planning on repainting and I've heard a mixed approach on this. Thanks, Jason
  18. jasonelki

    Athearn BB detailing project

    You mentioned the MU hoses and cable, what is the cable/purpose? (I assume it is under the anticlimber?) If so I've seen them on locos before but don't have a clue what they do! Thanks, jas
  19. jasonelki

    broke out the airbrush today

    wow, that sounds involved, but the end product looks to be worth it! Thanks for sharing!
  20. jasonelki

    broke out the airbrush today

    Looks real nice, how'd you get the look of individual boards faded/stained? I've got a few of these I need to do as well, course have to get the airbrush process going first...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top