Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Thanks for looking into this, still not sure what is happening with my layout though. I used Atlas snap switches number 850 an 851 also, and here is what I get on the lower left corner, with all the pieces marked. Hopefully you can read the labels. Hadek, is this the same as your layout book...
  2. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Here is the response from Jim Miller at Atlas below. I doubled/triple checked everything and I get the same result. Will likely ship my snap switches to Atlas, as that is the problem as far as I can see. As a sidenote, does your program already have the diverging angles built into it, or is...
  3. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Ugh, thanks for the encouragement on the layout, I thought I was missing something really simple, so it makes me feel better from that respect. But, bottom line, it looks like I'll be using flex to get this to work out. I sent Jim Miller from Atlas an email with a bunch of photos, we'll see...
  4. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    The other side of the layout is no factor in this. These pieces are all butted tight together. I took a few more pics, check it out. The first photo is the layout from the book, lower left. I double and triple checked the pieces and they are all correct, does your book show the same...
  5. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Thanks for the advice. The whole layout is taken apart to check to make sure I have all the pieces, which I have, so a photo of the layout is out of the question for now! The whole issue here is the angle coming off the switch, (which is why the straight short piece on the inner loops isn't...
  6. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Here is an update, a rather usettling one anyway. I noticed on the back of the atlas switch card that if you add the 1/3 18" section, the switch will be just like an 18" radius piece. Well, it is not. All the curved pieces I have are 18" radius, which I checked vs. the 18" radius terminal I...
  7. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Atlas track plan issue? Update! Hi guys, got a question for you. This is my first layout, so I started with the Atlas track plan #6, the Trunk Line. I purchased the products based upon the item numbers in the atlas booklet. I seem to have issues with the track lining up coming out of the...
  8. jasonelki

    Proto 1000 Milwaukee Road C-liner

    Excellent info, thank you very much for clearing it up. I'm pretty new to modeling, so I might not be too specific yet, all I know is the loco with the maroon stripe is better on the eyes!! Thanks again!
  9. jasonelki

    Proto 1000 Milwaukee Road C-liner

    Thanks Alco, maybe your search shows up different than mine, but I can see 2 different color schemes, both Milwaukee Road, and they are different, one has a burgundy stripe and the other is just black and orange. I typed in Proto 1000 C-liner with the "shopping" tab clicked at the top. The...
  10. jasonelki

    Proto 1000 Milwaukee Road C-liner

    Thanks for the search info. For some reason I don't understand the difference in colors on some of the models. For example, if you google proto 1000 c-liner, look at the difference in color between the first loco and the fourth one down. Is the color dif because of the road number? Maybe I'm...
  11. jasonelki

    Proto 1000 Milwaukee Road C-liner

    Proto 1000 Milwaukee Road C-liner/Different color scheme? First post on the forum, so I hope this is the right place to ask, if not I'm sure someone will let me know!! After searching this sight as well as the net without much luck, I'd like to know some info on the Proto 1000 series...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top