Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    KCS engineer shot

    Beaumont Sub
  2. K

    KCS engineer shot

    Newest update DeSoto Parish sheriff's investigators said Tuesday they will file firearms-violation charges against a man who was sighting a rifle in when he unintentionally shot and wounded an engineer on a freight train that was idling nearby. Kansas City Southern engineer Paul Griffin...
  3. K

    KCS engineer shot

    They were on SD-40's from what we've heard. KCS has been pulling old units out of storage due to high demand, but most the newer KCS motors are tied up paying back hours to other railroads.
  4. K

    KCS engineer shot

    DESOTO PARISH, LA (KSLA) – A train engineer was shot in the face while running his train down tracks in Desoto Parish. This happened around 5 PM Monday December 20th on the railroad tracks between Frierson and Wallace Lake Road. KCS Train Engineer Paul Griffin was in the cab when he was...
  5. K

    my first trespasser riding on a train

    Last guy who tried to catch a intermodal here got his foot cut off.......
  6. K

    Tea for groundcover

    are ants attracted to tea leaves? or any other pest
  7. K

    Train Bunkers

    Ah the ideas... Pretty sure those would raise some questions by visitors to a layout
  8. K

    Conrail blue ns shops

    Seems like i read somewhere the bars over the windows were for when people would throw rocks or bricks off bridges and things.
  9. K

    Inside widecab nose

    I hear the new genset's have bathrooms. The one in Shreveport yard did but the doors were locked up with tap covering most of it so we couldn't get inside to investigate.
  10. K

    Inside widecab nose

    Some have electrical cabinets across from bathroom and parts storage in the front of the nose.
  11. K

    Lets see your tunnel portals

    WOW, i'm working on two tunnels........gives me some ideas...Amazing work everyone
  12. K

    MTH and Athearn issue DCC

    Sorry i didn't clarify.......The mth works , with some tweeking and changes.....I had to replace the decoder in the athearn due to my lhs giving what they thought was the correct decoder but wasn't. Sorry for the confusion.
  13. K

    Best Decoder For Ditch Light Effect?

    yes, it uses incandescents.......... looks good to me............
  14. K

    Best Decoder For Ditch Light Effect?

    I'm using a digitrax dh163 with and atheran gen sd70mac. It makes the lights alternate dim/bright with a function button. Simple hook up also..
  15. K

    Question regarding BN engines utilized by Union Pacific.

    KCS owes other railroad horsepower hours so it send out the newest locomotives it can. Being that I work for KCS we get to use the leftovers...... Usually ex TFM motors renumbered as KCS 3900's series. You should se some of the locomotives we get in the yard here in Shreveport. I've seen some...
  16. K

    CSME Layout Tour Part #1

    WOW awesome layout.......Gives me a few ideas on ares I wasn't sure what to do with....
  17. K

    Ditch lights SD70MAC

    i'm using a dh163p decoder. the lights are working now. The online manual i found had a missprint, but it has been resolved now. Just had to get mv cv's set up correctly. thanks
  18. K

    Ditch lights SD70MAC

    After searching all night and talking to people from digitrax and athearn I figured out the issue. Digitrax wanted me to use the wires running off there board, however that didn't work. Also found out there was some uncorrect wording in a few posts on some howto forums. After all that I used the...
  19. K

    Ditch lights SD70MAC

    I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I searched and googled every wording I can think of. I have and Athearn Gen. SD70MAC with and digitrax 6 function decoder. I'm trying to figure out how to wire the ditch lights to stay on with my headlights. Not wanting to have them flash or anything...
  20. K

    MTH and Athearn issue DCC

    Finally got it working. cv29 was changed to a value of 38 for a 4 digit address....... Now i learned i only had a 2 function decoder so my ditchlights wont work.Off to the lhs to get a new decoder........ thanks for all the info. Hopefully i can install the resistor and not blow these ditch lights.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top