Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    What's your Best custom locomotive?

    Theres a gentlemen in OakVille Ontario Canada who has some FANTASTIC work See Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14503095@N04/sets/72157603913931681/
  2. L

    British narrow gauge in 009 - County Gate

    Just wanted to say your layout is amazing I LOVE! your scenery and your attention to detail is supurb ! ... Great work :)
  3. L

    Building a layout from scratch (Need Advice)

    I had such an elaborate plan in my head, and I can see it in my head, however, I've never actually gotten around to getting proper measurments. **Note my layout is NOT! a completed loop, but a back and forth layout. Everything has been done by simply guessing and estimating in my head. I...
  4. L

    Building a layout from scratch (Need Advice)

    So, 14" that would be from the corner of the wall, to the apex of the corner? See Diagram Also, I've been playing with a few Model train layout softwares, and no matter what, I can never seem to get both ends of the (22 and 24.5 inch turns) to meet at the other end sparing the same distance...
  5. L

    Building a layout from scratch (Need Advice)

    Hmm, well I was planning on only having the shelf about 6" out from the wall on the striaghts, maybe 8" as per the turns I was kinda hoping to keep them as narrow as possible, due to the extreme space limitations in my room.
  6. L

    Building a layout from scratch (Need Advice)

    Thats great Kerry, Thanks. As per the 75" distance for the incline, I won't be going shorter because its such a long and heavy train. 10 of these: plus a dummy F59PH I will be using the #8 turnouts, given that I have the space on my layout to do so. Aswell, for the 24.5" radius...
  7. L

    New Layout

    Oh Really? Bummer, I also note that you can't create any elevations yet :( Thanks anyways Grant
  8. L

    progress so far

    Looks fantastic, How long has it taken you to get this far?
  9. L

    New Layout

    Hey this software looks pretty good, are there any limitations to using the demo?
  10. L

    Building a layout from scratch (Need Advice)

    I'm about to start my layout, I'm going to be running 2 trains, a 10 car Go Transit and an 8 car Via Rail. They will be parrallel lines running in my bed room along the wall. There is going to be all 4 walls covered in a shelf like layout except where the door is. I have a few questions I'd...
  11. L

    New Layout

    Wow, how did you get those drawings? is there an application to draw track layouts?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top