ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
D
I like your general run of merchandise and saved you to my favorites on ebay.
Thanks
-
D
Hollywood and the entertainment world have a big affect upon what people want. If Hollywood were to put out some hit movies featuring a train or trains we'd see an upturn in hobbyist interest.
If a top pop singer sings about some particular train the shelves will empty. We live in a media...
-
D
The whole garage for a layout? I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind keeping her Lexus outdoors so I could use our garage. Thanks for the idea.
-
D
You're right. I posted this question elsewhere and all the posters are saying what you posted.
Forums are a poor indicator of the hobby because there are only so many times the same subjects can be discussed online.
-
D
You're right about China. In fact, Americans selling antiquities, art, and many other areas are now targeting China. There's a lot of money there now in certain locations. Back when I was a super seller on ebay I pretty much gave up on the U.S. because of the economy. What I sold in the U.S...
-
D
That's just what we found with our grandkids, montanan.
They like messing with trains a bit but soon they're on the Wii. The trains aren't competition and kids today love competition as long as it's computer based. The more violent the better.
We grew up dreaming of things that related to...
-
D
Right on, Beachbum.
And a lot has changed since 9/11, that's for sure.
You're right too about the computer thing. It almost seems that every kid over 8 in this town has a "Smart Phone" and all sorts of computer game gimmicks. Even most families on welfare have computers and some type of cell...
-
D
I know what you mean, bjpmtravis87. I'm 64 and the train ran by our house. I still remember seeing steam engines as occasionally they ran one through our area. I was so little then and the train looked about 10 stories high. :D
I rode on a passenger train once in my life. It was the last...
-
D
Also a great post, Crandell.
There is diversity in every hobby and toy trains are no exception.
I'd fit more under the toy collector category. My liking vintage 0 gauge Lionel trains is definitely a psychological thing. Almost like taking a time machine trip back to my childhood.
In fact...
-
D
Good post. Thanks
I can see where many factors are at work here. The economy perhaps being one of the major ones.
I got my first train set in 1958 or 59. Back in those days most kids I knew didn't own an electric train and the ones who did really didn't get into building a fancy setup. Mostly...
-
D
I'm not a fanatic toy train collector but every Christmas season I find myself buying and playing with vintage Lionel trains again. For me it's mostly remembering my childhood and calling back those old secure and happy feelings of yesteryear.
So every year starting in November till about...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)