ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
IF money is secondary, you can always convert a quality power unit to a dummy unit if you're really hung up on the detail. Not terribly cost effective, but if appearance is primary and you don't need the pulling power (and most of us don't on home size layouts) and cost effectiveness is...
-
I've had quality control issues with the Athearn Genesis DCC/Sound units that I own. I'd say 25% of them have some issue out of the box.
ScaleTrains and Intermountain would be at the top of my list in the "A" category. I would consider Broadway Ltd to be there also.
Atlas and Kato in the "B"...
-
Replaced the HUB and everything works as advertised.
-
Fixed with SuperGlue. How durable will it be ??? Who knows ...
-
I couldn't get a full size soldering iron between the roadbed and the bottom of the upper level.
-
So to set the background on this situation, I purchased this layout and my skill level is novice.
Whomever designed this layout really never thought much about doing track repairs. The lower level has a reverse loop and is unfortunately constructed such that it is nearly impossible to get to...
-
Yes, I checked all the pins in each of the ports (receiver plugs) on the Lighting Hub and got 23.6VDC.
I did talk to the folks at Woodland Scenics. They were very quick in their response. They did tell me that there are resistors in both the hub itself and in the wires of each lighted item. They...
-
That's correct. I plugged into the lighting hub and then tried an expansion hub. Both showed 23.6 VDC across the pins on all of the receiver plugs which is where the lights plug into. Supposed to be plug and play.
I'm kind of thinking there was an issue with the resistors which are wired in at...
-
I was trying to install a Woodland Scenics Just Plug system for my passenger depot with interior lights and street lights for the platform.
All of my parts are factory Woodland Scenics parts including the 24VDC (why?) power supply. I tested the receiving plug pins and got 23.6VDC on all the...
-
I'm trying to find some real world user experience with the Ring Engineering Railpro system. The decoders are pricey but it seems like the system is easy to use, very easy to reprogram locomotive parameters and as mobile as you can get.
Anybody out there with some experience they might want to...
-
-
Current generation, except for Amtrak, do not have steam generators or the head end power to power a passenger train. This car allows any locomotive consist to pull a complete passenger train without regard to power or steam production issues.
-
From UP tracks northwest of Spring, TX adjacent to Root Road, prior to Tomball.
-
-
Passing thru North Hampton between Spring and Tomball.
-
I have a Bachmann EZapp FT-A and a Bachmann non-EZapp FT-B. I want to lash them up but to do so would have to make a dummy out of the B unit. I can just disconnect/cut a wire and do the job but the then non-powered gears would be a drag for the A unit. Can I remove the gears to make it a true...
-
OK. Newbie here, so I'll cry uncle early and ask what is matte medium and where would I purchase that?
-
I'm looking for insight on scenery glue.
Should I buy Woodland Scenics pre-mixed scenery glue or create my own concoction, which I assume would be significantly cheaper?
And, if the home mixed version is the way to go, what is the base glue? Elmer's white (there are several versions from...
-
Still looking for help. We can fund travel expenses and, of course, all materials and supplies.
-
Von Ryan's Express (DVD), The Train (VHS), Harvey Girls (VHS)
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)