Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. GP30

    Do the model car guys use air brushes to paint too?

    I also build 1/24th and 1/25th scale plastic model tractor trailers and cars. I have and use my old Pascche Air brush to do so. I think I've shot just about every kind of paint through it. The only thing I haven't tried is actual auto body paint. Don't think you really have to with all the kinds...
  2. GP30

    model water

    Wow! Thats a good idea. I already IM'ed the wife and told her to write it on the grocery list !!! I'm going to get some and test it out first.
  3. GP30

    N scale vehicles

    Thank you!!
  4. GP30

    N scale vehicles

    I'm right there with you guys on the lack N scale vehicles. The only tractor trailers that are decent enough to use are the Herpa N scale ones. You can pick up a 4 pack from Herpa direct for 20.00 + s/h. Here's what I decided to do with those trucks. Decided to mod them a little to try and give...
  5. GP30

    N scale with DCC

    Oh I havent let it detere me. In fact last friday night I attended a open house at a fellow model railroader's house and he had a DCC operating system. BOY OH BOY am I in love with DCC now!! LMAO!! I'm definetly investing in DCC now. I have enough fellow railroaders that can help me set this...
  6. GP30

    soldering track

    I've just started laying track. I take 2 peices, cut back 2 ties on each end. I then slide a rail joiner on, flip both pieces over and solder the rail joints underneath the track so you dont see any soldering at all. So far its worked just fine.
  7. GP30

    Clubs, good or bad?

    Hey!! Nice looking old B model ya got. The R model is nice too. Kinda painted like the Rubber Duck only without the sleeper. NICE!!! That old K 100 isnt too shabby either. Love old trucks!!! Johnny B
  8. GP30

    N scale with DCC

    Someday, I would love to get into DCC, but reading stories like this terrifies me because I am a Electrically and Computer dummy! Johnny B
  9. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    Dont worry about hijacking my thread! I love trucks
  10. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    Mackattack: Thanks for posting that info. very cool stuff. some stuff I knew and other stuff I didnt. I didnt know that Mack and Brockway merged that early in years. I thought they had merged in the 70's! I myself , liked they old Brock cabovers and the old B model macks. Johnny B
  11. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    I'd love to be able to score some Brockways!! My Dad had 2 of them years ago. Very cool old trucks. Sorry to see them close there doors years ago. Good old NY, they don't care if businesses leave or not. Johnny B
  12. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    the only Ho one is the last pic. the others are N. I know what you mean though, theres alot more choices ( i think) in HO scale than there is N for sure Johnny B
  13. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    I SHOULD!! I drove one cross country for 22 years. Now I sit behind a desk and dispatch trucks. I love big trucks and trains. They both work side by side
  14. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    Thank you very much for the compliments Johnny B
  15. GP30

    N scale tractor trailer

    After finding my lost box of N scale vehicles yesterday, I decided to post a few pics while waiting for some paint to dry on my layout. Theres very few choices when it comes to N scale trucks or cars, IMO. . At least the era I'm going for. 70's to present. I try to buy the Herpa ? 4 pack of...
  16. GP30

    Laying flex track

    Excellent! Thank you very much. Hopefully by Sunday I can post some updated pics on my thread I started. Thanks Again! Johnny B
  17. GP30

    Laying flex track

    I'm starting to lay new flex track on my layout. I know to make sure all the movable rails are on the same side together , but is there a certain side the movable rail has to be on? Does it have to be on the outside of the curve or inside of the curve , or doesnt it matter as long as all the...
  18. GP30

    Backdrop Painting Tips Needed

    WOW!! Those are some awesome pics. I like the 1st 2. The 2nd one I would use on mine. Very nice! Johnny B :cool:
  19. GP30

    Backdrop Painting Tips Needed

    Funny, I'm looking out my window, and I see clouds with flat bottoms, irregular bottoms and mishapes of every kind. I understand that some do have some darker lines which I will eventually take care of by another mist of White. Before I went ahead and attempted my backdrop, I paid attention to...
  20. GP30

    U.P. 6344'ish

    Thats very cool looking!! I like it!! Johnny B




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top